PDA

View Full Version : Good reason for buying from reputable source ?

Maxwell
25-07-12, 18:43
Taken from another forum - just shows what can happen with clone sellers and why its worth using a reputable seller to ensure you get the genuine article

Hi,

Right where do i start. My dad was looking to buy 2 satellite receivers (£460). I found a website which sold them at a cheap price. so, i purchased them on my mums credit card (mastercard) for him.

I received the goods, i checked them and realized they were clones (fakes). my dad wanted them sent back and refunded, so i contacted the website and told them that i would like to send them back and get a refund, the website states they charge 10% restocking fee which im more than happy with as long as i get most of the refund back.

Their first response in an email was to "sell them on ebay as it will cost lots to return them". i knew then i was in trouble.....anyway, after numerous emails stating i just wanted a refund he sent me a returns address. I proceeded to send them back via recorded delivery, he signed for them and my account status changed to "refund". I was told it would take 5-7 days for a refund. Ive been waiting since the 7th of july and nothing has been refunded. I contacted them during the whole process saying i was going to buy this and that once the refund had cleared in the hope he made sure i got a refund but still nothing.

I contacted him last night and told him i was not happy and really concerned about all this, he told me to wait until tomorrow so he could check his accounts. I had to contact him today and he said some lady is checking the accounts from another company and he will contact me and "not to worry". I went thro a company called moneybookers to pay for the goods, i phoned them tonight to see if anything can be done or can the tell me if any refund is pending or if a refund has ever been issued, they said nothing has ever been issued. i asked them about a charge back but was told they can only get involved if i didnt receive the goods and its up to the merchant to issue me with a refund.

Ive since contacted this website and ive had zero response, i told them i contacted moneybookers etc and no refund has ever been issued and i think ive spooked him! i also mentioned to him last night that my parents are considering legal action as this is going on to long and they feel like they are being given the run around, he responded with "I'm not goona do anything if you goona start talking nasty like that"!!

I have logged every email he has sent and taken pictures of my account on his website. Every email he responded to i got the feeling he was about to snap at me and that he did not want anything to do with me. He has been rude and buying time every time i contact him.

So, what options do i have? where do i go next with this? i feel so guilty buying from this website as my dad is out of pocket, its a lot of money which he cant afford to throw away.

I am totally clueless when it comes to legalities and such, i appreciate any help what so ever.

Thanks.

Larry-G
25-07-12, 18:48
sadly there are way too many cowboy outfits out there like this and they need to be taken down. I am not just saying this to for effect but i cant stress enough just how important it is to buy from a reputable seller such as the site sponsor, after all we are talking about large sums of money for some people. hell i know i could not afford to loose £400 plus like this.

Sicilian
25-07-12, 18:55
Some people search cheap, so they get cheap and end up in this situation. for such a little saving dont see the point.

Rob van der Does
25-07-12, 19:00
Some people search cheap, so they get cheap and end up in this situation. for such a little saving don't see the point.
Personally I always try to find a retailer that has a good reputation for the after sales service. But if you're looking in a market you're not familiar with, it can be very hard to find relevant information. So the next search item could very well be the price. How else should I search?

Maxwell
25-07-12, 19:06
Personally I always try to find a retailer that has a good reputation for the after sales service. But if you're looking in a market you're not familiar with, it can be very hard to find relevant information. So the next search item could very well be the price. How else should I search?

What I do is a general search for the item then I will specifically search any of the companies that look tempting for reviews, not infallable but you can usually find out whether they are good or not

Sicilian
25-07-12, 19:24

To me the large price differences would give the game away. My guess is that wherever this guy purchased from is also selling clone dreamboxs at less than half price, that in itself should set alarm bells ringing.

Regards the guy who has fallen into this situation, he says he paid with a credit card, through moneybookers, simple solution really. Just contact credit card issuer and issue a credit card charge back, no need to contact moneybookers for the chargeback.

Maxwell
25-07-12, 19:28
thats what I have advised him to do,
If anyone wants to know who the company is so they can be avoided like the plague its UKDreamshop who only sell clones of VU and DB's

Sicilian
25-07-12, 19:30
thats what I have advised him to do,
If anyone wants to know who the company is so they can be avoided like the plague its UKDreamshop who only sell clones of VU and DB's

PM me a link please m8.

Theres even clone VU+ sellers on Amazon now.

Sicilian
25-07-12, 19:33
Is it the clone seller that advertises on dbuk forums?

Maxwell
25-07-12, 19:42
no idea mate but I have sent you a pm link to them

Ev0
25-07-12, 19:47
Sorry but 1) there not even cheap and 2) they are clearly listed as clone.

So I have no sympathy for the guy thats lost his money.

Larry-G
25-07-12, 20:46
ukdream actually used to have a decent rep for customer care, now however he seems to have fallen well off track as can be seen via many many similar threads on other forums about his services etc.

he's one to avoid in my opinion.

Rob van der Does
25-07-12, 21:35
I can't believe my eyes: UKDreamshop clearly states openly 'clone' with all his 'sales'..... :confused:

Larry-G
25-07-12, 21:38
I can't believe my eyes: UKDreamshop clearly states openly 'clone' with all his 'sales'..... :confused:

unfortunately it's not seen as illegal for cowboys like these to openly sell clones via their shops, and trading standards etc dont seem to want to get involved. These kinds of retailers dont realize that by providing clones they are taking money out of the development of new hardware and features and lining the pockets of some cheap Chinese sweat shop.

Stanman
26-07-12, 19:08
Is it the clone seller that advertises on dbuk forums?

Yes it is, name is same