PDA

View Full Version : Found A Dead Spider

watchskies
25-07-12, 09:58
Hi Guys,
great forum !

The spider refers to my recently deceased 9000 HD which I have had for the past 26 months or so.

Luckily I have been saving my pennies for the past eighteen months and have scraped together enough to buy the Ultimo from our sponsors of course.

I know this is like going from the Blue Square to the Premier League so I am hpong for your support to get my head around this beast.

I will read existing articles and only ask when I get stuck and please forgive me if I ask noob type questions.

Thanks

Maxwell
25-07-12, 10:01
Nice one, dont worry all the help you need is here for both noobs and experts alike so dont be shy :thumbsup:

Sicilian
25-07-12, 11:20
:welcome: to the forum, dont worry about asking noob questions, thats what we're here for :zoom:, we all start somewhere :)

watchskies
26-07-12, 14:08
Thanks for your offers of support guys :)

The box arrived yesterday great service from our sponsor :smiley_yup:

I spent twenty minutes installing a hard drive could probably do it in under ten now I know what im doing !

Powered up the box and ran through the initial VIX setup which found all the channels for 28e

Managed to load the EPG and make a instant recording and a timed recording no problem picture quality is excellent for both live and recorded :)

However how do I sort the EPG as the channnels seem to be listed in the sequence the initial scan loaded them which makes it a right pain, how do I install the bouquets :confused:

What are picons and how do I use them ?

Thanking you in advance

Larry-G
26-07-12, 14:20
depending on your setup ie motorized or fixed dish there are a lot of premade bouquets to choose from. I tend to use the SGTFlipFlop ones for 28.2 east, but if you need a one with the sky uk numbering you should try the MR. Mister pack.

try this guide to see how to load a bouquet and picons.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way&highlight=dbedit

watchskies
07-08-12, 11:25
Had the ultimo for two weeks now and am very happy with both the hardware and the VIX software.

Ultimo + VIX rocks ! :thumbsup:

A couple of questions....

Firstly can I further segregate my hard disc eg /media/hdd/movies/ to something like /media/hdd/movies/bbc/drama/ or
/media/hdd/movies/itv/documentary/ and if so how ?

Secondly is there and software that will allow me to edit my recordings to remove the adverts overrruns etc ?

Thanks again guys

Trial
07-08-12, 11:44
Hi,
for th directories it is very simple if you use and ftp client to create new directories. If you have created new directories you should create bookmarks at the box it self and this is done by pressing PVR button twice. These bookmarks can be selected by pressing PVR twice and they can be selected as a destination directory for new recordings.

Simple editing can be done with the box itself. You must install two plugins which are called cutlist and moviecut or something similar. When your are in the movie list on a certain title and you press the menu button you can chose to edit a cutlist or to execute cuts.

ciao