PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Plugin feeds down for maintenance

buz
25-07-12, 00:18
Hi

Are the feeds actually down or do I have a problem at my end. Only asking as after trying to do last update my box kept crashing and had to reflash.

stab187
25-07-12, 19:26
same problem on vu solo
2 weeks!
Please tell me how to fix it

Trial
25-07-12, 20:50
hi,
is your box crashing when you try to update?

If yes connect via telnet and then
init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
reboot

at the moment some feeds are really down for maintenance.

ciao

gesendet von meiner Tablette

stevenatherton42
28-07-12, 20:13
Hello

I haven't been able to access the plugin feeds. First it said the image was unstable so I allowed unstable updates as suggested somewhere else in the forum. It then said the feeds were down for maintenance. It's been like that over a week now, so I tried updating via the ViX menu. It seemed to update fine, but when the box rebooted, it got stuck with "Starting..." on the LCD display. I manually updated to 2.4.96, but it still said down for maintenance.

I then stumbled upon this post and tried the above with telnet, however, again, the box got stuck at "Starting...".

Can anyone help? There's a couple of plugins I really want but it seems to be a nightmare trying to find a download link for them manually.

Many thanks

sgate
28-07-12, 21:11
Hello

I haven't been able to access the plugin feeds. First it said the image was unstable so I allowed unstable updates as suggested somewhere else in the forum. It then said the feeds were down for maintenance. It's been like that over a week now, so I tried updating via the ViX menu. It seemed to update fine, but when the box rebooted, it got stuck with "Starting..." on the LCD display. I manually updated to 2.4.96, but it still said down for maintenance.

I then stumbled upon this post and tried the above with telnet, however, again, the box got stuck at "Starting...".

Can anyone help? There's a couple of plugins I really want but it seems to be a nightmare trying to find a download link for them manually.

Many thanks

it sound like you may have a clone box :confused:

stevenatherton42
28-07-12, 21:32
I did the "check if this is a genuine box" thing when I got it and it all went well, said it was genuine

stevenatherton42
28-07-12, 22:19
Okay, so I found out I was able to download plugins via the ViX menu, I decided to try updating from there also. Everything went fine and when the update was complete, I was able to download plugins from the Plugin menu. Everything seemed to be fixed, until I reboot. It gets stuck at "Starting..." again.

I don't get how there can be updates available when I've been using the latest firmware - 2.4.96.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Larry-G
28-07-12, 22:22
Okay, so I found out I was able to download plugins via the ViX menu, I decided to try updating from there also. Everything went fine and when the update was complete, I was able to download plugins from the Plugin menu. Everything seemed to be fixed, until I reboot. It gets stuck at "Starting..." again.

I don't get how there can be updates available when I've been using the latest firmware - 2.4.96.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

because 2.4-96 is by no means the latest image, in fact 2.4-96 was the first public image released in the ViX 2.4 image series. The latest version is 2.4-213.

stevenatherton42
28-07-12, 23:06
When I update to using the online update, the box gets stuck at "Starting...".

I can only download the plugins by updating, but when I update, the box won't turn on. Is there any fix for this, or will I have to wait for another update?

Many thanks

Larry-G
28-07-12, 23:28
if your receiver will not accept any image past build 2.4-155 then it is likely a clone if that is the case can can not help you as this forum does not support cloned hardware.

stevenatherton42
28-07-12, 23:43
if your receiver will not accept any image past build 2.4-155 then it is likely a clone if that is the case can can not help you as this forum does not support cloned hardware.

How can i confirm if my box is genuine? When I got the box, I ran the "return the love" plugin and it confirmed the box was genuine.

basilyoung
29-07-12, 00:02
where did you buy it from, and how much was it?? this could give us a clue if its a clone or not

stevenatherton42
29-07-12, 00:15
where did you buy it from, and how much was it?? this could give us a clue if its a clone or not

I bought it from ebay for £282 plus shipping. I kmow what youre going to say...I preffered buyingnthrough ebay and paypal as it gives me some protection if things go wrong. I made sure to avoid things such as "chinese version" etc and Im pretty sure it stated explicitly that it was genuine.

Ive opened a dispute via paypal, but I just dont know whether its genuine ir a clone, so any help working itnout would be appreciated.

basilyoung
29-07-12, 00:34
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13554&d=1325051216

load this, its the latest driver, then put the latest image on the unit, if it stays in starting, then its a clone

cactikid
29-07-12, 00:34
was the person you bought off have much feedback like 90 or 1020? good feedback of what they sell can be a guide,i feel sorry for you if you bought a clone when you bought you thought was an original.in for a fast buck.:mad:

stevenatherton42
29-07-12, 00:47
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13554&d=1325051216

load this, its the latest driver, then put the latest image on the unit, if it stays in starting, then its a clone

Thanks for the reply.. I did download that driver and install before flashing the latest image, so it looks like I may have bought a clone. The seller seems to have disappeared off ebay now, from what I remember he had really good feedback, so maybe there's more people in my situation.

I've opened a dispute in PayPal but since I bought it back in April, I don't have much hope of getting my money back.

Thanks for all your help.

basilyoung
29-07-12, 01:23
we cant assist any further, I am very sorry for you, this is not a "told you so" but hope you decide to buy another unit, but from our sponcer

repro on flea bay is easy to "adjust" sadly,

Seventyseven
03-08-12, 19:39
I have the exact same problem, defiantly don't have a clone as I bought my box from world of satellite!

Stanman
05-08-12, 12:24
Which problem? plugin feeds down or something else?

Please start a new thread detailing exactly your problem and image version

Thanks

ant32
05-08-12, 13:08
i had same problem on a original vu duo ,had to reflash the image to get it to work again ,it wouldnt update and plugins was down for maintenance