PDA

View Full Version : et9200 hdd recording playback

GerryAttric
24-07-12, 23:14
Any ideas where I'm going wrong please?

The recording shows up under /hdd/movie but I cannot get it to play and I cannot find any instructions that might be what I need. If I had any hair left I'd be getting close to tearing it out :)

Larry-G
24-07-12, 23:39
I dont have a xtrend receiver but on the Vu series receivers you click on the file list button ( to the right of the menu button on the remote ) to access the default media player. Maybe some one with a Xtrend receiver can better explain which button to press to access the media player.

mickr
25-07-12, 12:37
Dont know what image you are using, I am using vix and I press the vkey or filelist on remote you then see list of recored programes . select the one you want and press ok

Mickr

twol
25-07-12, 14:12
Any ideas where I'm going wrong please?

The recording shows up under /hdd/movie but I cannot get it to play and I cannot find any instructions that might be what I need. If I had any hair left I'd be getting close to tearing it out :)

I have a ET9200 with VIX 2.4 (although I have also used other images), and assuming that you have setup correctly "recording settings" in System settings, then just hit Filelist button in near centre of remote, access your recording and hit enter to play.

GerryAttric
25-07-12, 22:39
I have a ET9200 with VIX 2.4 (although I have also used other images), and assuming that you have setup correctly "recording settings" in System settings, then just hit Filelist button in near centre of remote, access your recording and hit enter to play.

I do that and the screen flickers, says "Loading.... " something and flicks back again to show the recordings. Do I have to download a media player or should ther be one installed? I'm using Vix 2.4

Larry-G
25-07-12, 22:51
There is a default media player built directly into the image which is accessible via the play list button, there is no need to install any other media player.

GerryAttric
25-07-12, 23:05
Hitting the playlist button just brings up the circle with a diagonal bar through it in the top right corner of the screen

Larry-G
25-07-12, 23:36
I'm sorry but i'm not familiar with the xtrend receivers, maybe some one who is will see this thread and offer the help you need.

punisher
25-07-12, 23:54
Try pressing file list

GerryAttric
26-07-12, 00:33
Pressing file list brings up the recordings, but pressing ok on the recording doesn't do anything

twol
26-07-12, 08:29
It's definitely the Filelist button, Playlist doesn't do anything for me either on my Xtrend 9200 with the VIX image.
Pressing the OK button instantly starts playback.
When you highlight the recording by moving the cursor, does it give you any narrative on the recording? I get Title , Date/Time and Narrative
If not I guess it cannot read it properly - have you tried recording other programs?

GerryAttric
26-07-12, 18:18
That's it, there goes the last remaining hair. I just tried an instant record and it worked.

So somewhere along the line I'm obviously not setting up future recordings properly. Thanks to all who've pointed me in the right direction.

victoriahenri
12-09-12, 20:06
I am wondering if the permanent time-shift is not preventing the recording unless the time-shift settings are correctly set...