PDA

View Full Version : Dream Elite forum closed (Merged)

guff daddy
01-09-10, 13:54
It appears that recent rumours regarding Dream Elite ceasing to provide support/images for sat boxes are true http://www.dream-elite.net/forum/

Sicilian
01-09-10, 13:56
It appears that recent rumours regarding Dream Elite ceasing to provide support/images for sat boxes are true http://www.dream-elite.net/forum/

Lucky there's a new VU+ Duo image / Team coming very soon........... ;)

They will be sadly missed as they bought some fantastic images to the scene.

bobonthejob
01-09-10, 14:06
wow...what news..!!!

New Image? Wonder who that could be :D

pooface
01-09-10, 15:06
Thanks for giving us English lots of information...

Due to personal and family reasons of team members, the Dream Elite board is closed. Many thanks to all the community and people for support and appreciation. Bye bye and hope to see you soon.

Thankfully, google translate exists

The Dream Team-Elite announced that the forum closed indefinitely. The cause of this closure can be temporary or permanent is perhaps due to family problems and personal some of its members and given the great harmony of the team, other members have decided to stay for solidarity at every activity, we hope that things may improve in the future and to have the serenity to return to doing what we've done so far. We are sure that we understand and greeting thank you for the result you gave us in this short but intense period.

So, looks like it might not be forever, just depends what the team decide to do... Would be a shame to see them go. Their images have been absolutely great, and there are a lot of talented people within the team...

Sicilian
01-09-10, 15:08
Anyone know why they broke away from Nabilosat?

pooface
01-09-10, 15:13

If I remember rightly, the administrator of the nabilosat forum said that he was wanting to concentrate on terrestrial or cable or something, as he didn't have a satellite any more (can't fully remember). Can't check the forum at the mo though, as it's classified as profanity here ... :p

guff daddy
01-09-10, 15:26
I'm less concerned about my VU+ Duo - I've moved on to the VTI image and I believe there may be something new coming out quite soon...to a forum not a million miles away from this one...

My problem is my DM800 - I had Nabilosat Blackhole on it from when I bought it (about a year ago) and moved to Dream Elite Blackhole and have had that on it ever since. I tried Newnigma, Oozone, Gemini and didn't like any of them. What am I going to do now?

jusaju
01-09-10, 15:32
Hi
This was there by nabilosat himself 1 month ago.
(because people asking if Nabilo team is dead)

"use Dream Elite BH is same nabilosat team source code with same team
Dream elite are same coders team of all Black hole serie and dreambox history produced and created by nabilosat for.m
to keep your dreambox update from old black hole image i recommend you to use Dream elite Black hole is the best dreambox image you can find on sat world

the most important is the black hole image stay alive"

Donnie
01-09-10, 18:25

Simple reason was Nabilo want to support clones, Meo the coder could not condone this.

For now the addons server will be kept updated.

urgoz
01-09-10, 21:09
vBulletin Message
Due to personal and family reasons of team members, the Dream Elite board is closed. Many thanks to all the community and people for support and appreciation. Bye bye and hope to see you soon.
:confused:

pooface
01-09-10, 21:18
Already being discussed here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1974-Dream-Elite-forum-closed)

SLOTH
01-09-10, 22:47
Sicilian "Lucky there's a new VU+ Duo image / Team coming very soon..........." Now this does sound interesting !!!!
keep us informed :D:D
Sloth

maigais
02-09-10, 06:51
please tell me whether there is the image for dm 800hd
DreamEliteBH_VUDUO

Sicilian
02-09-10, 07:51
please tell me whether there is the image for dm 800hd
DreamEliteBH_VUDUO

You've lost me lol! What are you looking for the DE image for the DM800 or the Duo??

yngvekl
02-09-10, 09:09
vBulletin Message

Ok... Now I have to get VTi up working for the future...

/Yngve

bob1
02-09-10, 17:13
I'm not surprised at all about this news,i have been using vti for the last few weeks and all its missing is the dvb-t support which could come soon, surely if they are not bothered about supporting the duo anymore they should pass their work on ,can't see that happening though.
I'm waiting to try the new image as well:cool:

Donnie
02-09-10, 18:58
I'm not surprised at all about this news,i have been using vti for the last few weeks and all its missing is the dvb-t support which could come soon, surely if they are not bothered about supporting the duo anymore they should pass their work on ,can't see that happening though.
I'm waiting to try the new image as well:cool:

It is not just about the Vu Duo support, there was also all the dreambox support.

As for passing work on I am afraid it never really works like that in the world of coding.

Most coders like to have there own and individual stamp on there work much like an artist so you just have to wait to see what else comes from other coders.

I also find it very disrespectful for you to say you
THEY ARE NOT BOTHERED the notice clearly states the reason for the board closure.

Unfortunately you are like many end users who expect it all for free and haveno real appreciation for the free time and effort put into giving you images.

bob1
02-09-10, 19:35
I haven't read any notice ,to be honest i haven't even read this thread properly, obviously people were wanting too much from them, they have left some great work behind but things move on.