PDA

View Full Version : client torrent

augusto
01-09-10, 09:23
hi
is there any torrent client for vu- duo?
if yes where can I find it?

thank

Mr.McGee
01-09-10, 11:19
I'm also interested in finding one. Used to have one on DM800 but never managed to get it to download something. My own fault no doubt. :)

grtmoby
01-09-10, 12:59
i used to see there is one in the plugins menu but never installed or tried it

guff daddy
01-09-10, 13:19
I used on on the DM800 called Rtorrent (Dream Elite image) - haven't tried it on VU+ thought.

t.ph
01-09-10, 17:02
I use Transmission v1.76
There are later versions but the earlier later versions were know not to work & since v1.76 works i have always stuck with that version.

malsat
01-09-10, 23:29
Is there a way to do nzbs direct to vu du ?

t.ph
02-09-10, 15:20
It's not a stand alone program as you need laptop/pc to view the GUI, but it does download direct to VU HDD

Mr.McGee
02-09-10, 23:23
I managed to install Transmission but when I go to open the web interface (port 9091) I'm asked for a login and password but it doesn't accept my root login and password. Are there default values?

EDIT: Aggh. WTF!? I just tried the default login and password that all dreamboxes have and it worked. But I know my password is changed as I use a different one to login via telnet.

Mr.McGee
02-09-10, 23:46
Just to follow up on this after getting Transmission to work. Being an ex DM800 user/owner, I never managed to get a bittorrent client to work correctly on it.
With the Vu+ and Transmission everything was a breeze compared to the DM800 (besides the login and password issue).
Even the web interface for Transmission is nicely done. Handy feature to Pause All downloads and Resume All. Useful to start the downloads when I head off to bed.

madmacx
08-09-10, 17:51
I'm struggeling with the installation of transmission. Using OpenPLI on VU+ Duo can find it via software. Manged to download transmission-1.92 and libcurl4_7.16.3-r2_mipsel.ipk and a turkish how to install. Cant understand it but WTH. Copied the files from the transmisson-1.92 to the respected dir. installed the libcurl4_7.16.3-r2_mipsel.ipk. Rebooted the box but still car't open the boxip:9091 page No login screen but can't connect. Did port scan port 9091 is't open.

MadMacx

t.ph
08-09-10, 19:22
I have tried 1.92 as i had it on my IP9000 & it didn't work for me on the VU+. Dont know anything about installing libcurl with it as i have only ever used the one ipk file. Double check your own firewall to make sure that is not blocking anything.

Mr.McGee
10-09-10, 21:24
Just browsing and spotted this thread again. I wanted to upgrade Transmission to a newer version. 1.76 seemed to kill my box after a while. Not sure what was happening. Anyway the newer versions were asking to install libcurl stuff whereas 1.76 didn't. I never managed to get a new version working. I ended up restoring my Vu+ with a backup image as I was getting errors with the libcurl install.

Now I'm about to try and install another version of it if I can manage to find a mips ipk somewhere. Any links please?

t.ph
10-09-10, 21:50
Here is v1.76 if you havent still got it:

Mr.McGee
10-09-10, 22:49
Thanks man. Just found it in my Trash folder :D

Here's a little step by step to what I done to install it and get it running smoothly for now:

1) Download the above package from t.ph

2) FTP the .ipk file to your /tmp directory on your Vu+

3) Open a telnet session to your Vu+ using some telnet app. I'm on Mac so using Terminal.app (telnet 192.168.1.3)

4) Type in the following command to install Transmission

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

5) Next you'll need to configure Transmission settings. This must be done BEFORE starting the daemon! There's no interface for this so you'll need your favourite text editor to modify the settings of /hdd/transmission/config/settings.json text file.
In my opinion, the upload speed is a must that you need to change or you'll be wondering later on why your whole internet experience is so slow as your Vu+ is using up all your upload bandwidth. Below is an example of upload speed set to 8KB/sec

"speed-limit-up": 8,
"speed-limit-up-enabled": true,
I'd also recommend capping your download speed to 3/4 of your total download limit so that remaining 1/4 can cope with other network activity your Vu+ may rely on. You can always configure the settings to use the max download speed during a certain time when nobody is using the network for other things.

6) Depending on the image running on your Vu+, you'll need to start the Transmission daemon from the Plugins screen: Transmission>start transmission-daemon
I also enable the autostart which starts it on bootup I presume.

7) Open your favourite web browser and http://your.vuplus.ipaddress:9091 and here you have access to the torrent client. If it asks you for a login and password it will be "root" and "dreambox"

Notes:
There is no interaction with downloading torrents with your remote control. After you start the daemon everything is controlled via your web browser on a computer.

All of the above info is available around the net but I thought some people here could find it easy to have it in one location.

Remember to stop the Tranmission daemon BEFORE you upload the settings file each time you make a change to it!

One link worth posting is for the settings file:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles

Mr.McGee
10-09-10, 23:16
OK. After writing the above, the network connection on my Vu+ just dies and I have to reboot each time :)
I wasn't getting this on my previous installation of Transmission 1.76

ee797
05-10-10, 19:04
I installed everything correctly however I can not reach the box with http://192.168.2.1xx:9091. I use windows 7 what can be the problem?4
many thanks

t.ph
05-10-10, 19:13
I wouldnt of thought it was anything to do with Windows 7 as it works with IE8
Ensure the IP address is correct and try temporary turning off your firewall in case that is preventing connection

MacDad
10-10-10, 10:58
I can not install the transmission client on my box (I'm using VIX latest image). Does anyone know why? This is the error I get:

root@vuduo:/tmp# ipkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission_1.76-r0_mipsel.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission (1.76-r0) to root...
Collected errors:
* ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission:
* libssl0.9.7 (>= 0.9.7g) * libcrypto0.9.7 (>= 0.9.7g) *
* Cannot find package enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission.

Messi
21-10-10, 18:02
Torrent client Transmission

Transmission 2.10 (2010/10/8)

Thanks dillinger :)

Tested with Vix 1.1

root@bm750:~# cd /tmp
root@bm750:/tmp# ipkg install *.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission (2.10-r0) to root...
Installing libevent (1.4.14b-r0) to root...
Package libevent (1.4.14b-r0) installed in root is up to date.
Configuring libevent
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission
root@bm750:/tmp#

http://VU+_IP:9091
logging: root
passwd : dreambox

saloreilly
25-09-11, 21:30
sorry to drag up an old thread but I have a Vu+ Duo with VIX 2.2 and I want to install this plugin but its looking for libgcrypt11, can anyone please post a full guide.

Thanks

josweet
01-05-12, 17:43
Anyone know why "transmittion" has been removed from the feeds ? As my Et9000 is on 24/7 i may as well have it doing some downloading for me at the same time, but i cant find any torrent client in the feeds.

As for the main URL, i dont know which is compatible to work with the 2.2 image. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/download/

Stanman
01-05-12, 20:52
No live link please

josweet
01-08-12, 04:02
Can anyone point me in the right direction..?