PDA

View Full Version : Re-organising channels, adding spaces / blanks?

dalep
24-07-12, 00:17
How do you insert a space / blank into the channel order

I can use iDREAM to drag the channels in to the correct order, but on free view some of the channel numbers are not used.

For example, on a real free view box channel 70 is CBBC, but this ends up on channel 64 when in the correct order

Any help?

Stanman
24-07-12, 11:42
You add a placeholder channel such a one of the sky preview or radio one and rename to -

dalep
24-07-12, 19:39
ok, i just discovered you can't rename with iDREAM lol

Stanman
24-07-12, 20:11
right mouse click over channel name?

If you have a PC try dreamboxedit

dalep
24-07-12, 20:48
doesn't work, using dream box edit anyway,

TBH, i think this is a bit crappy, i can't believe you can't insert a blank, i dont want anything appearing in the EPG, if my 5 year old Topfield can do it, I'm sure there must be a better way?

Stanman
24-07-12, 20:51
DBE highlight the channel and RMC and select rename, working fine here

dalep
24-07-12, 20:59
I meant , right clicking in iDREAM doesn't work, I'm using DBE now.

DBE is working fine here too, it still appears in the EPG though .....

Stanman
24-07-12, 23:02
It will do as its needed to maintain the space to enable sly style channel numbering.

dalep
25-07-12, 00:51
There must / should be a tidier way of doing this, on the Topfield, when viewing the EPG, the channel numbering remains correct, but the EPG simply skips the missing channels.

Larry-G
25-07-12, 05:52
There must / should be a tidier way of doing this, on the Topfield, when viewing the EPG, the channel numbering remains correct, but the EPG simply skips the missing channels.

Well on the enigma 2 OS it is required to have these placeholder channels to maintain the correct spacing and keep the correct channel numbering system as sky UK. There is no other way around it if you want to have the sky uk channel numbering.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
25-07-12, 07:14
There is:
EPG --> menu --> 'skip empty channels'

dalep
26-07-12, 00:20
No this doesnt work, as in post number 2, Stanman suggested using a placeholder , like Radio 1, Radio 1 has and epg, so therefore it still shows up in the EPG.

I suppose i have to hunt for a station with no EPG, i still dont understand why i cant simply enter a blank line into the file, like on the Toppy, then a empty row would be displayed in the EPG, and the channel numbering would remain intact, it works on other boxes, so should work here...

Larry-G
26-07-12, 00:32
It has nothing to do with the receiver or image per say, This is a limitation of the Enigma2 operating system.

Stanman
26-07-12, 19:00
No this doesnt work, as in post number 2, Stanman suggested using a placeholder , like Radio 1, Radio 1 has and epg, so therefore it still shows up in the EPG.

I suppose i have to hunt for a station with no EPG, i still dont understand why i cant simply enter a blank line into the file, like on the Toppy, then a empty row would be displayed in the EPG, and the channel numbering would remain intact, it works on other boxes, so should work here...

You could use the Mr Mister settings all ready sorted if not than copy and paste his placeholder into yours. Its based on SF setting AFAIK there is no EPG for that placeholder

dalep
27-07-12, 16:31
It has nothing to do with the receiver or image per say, This is a limitation of the Enigma2 operating system.

Ive sorted it, it seems not to be a limitation of the Enigma 2 OS, more to do with a limitation with the editing feature of DBE, if you insert a blank line as per this :

#SERVICE 1:0:1:0000:0000:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0::<SPACE>

The <SPACE> is actually a space, this simply inserts a totally blank line in the EPG, also when using the channel up / down buttons, the channel gets skipped, the only error i can find, if choosing the channel number directly from the keypad causes a 'Service Unavailable' message.

This now looks much better:

IMHO this looks and acts just like i wanted / expected it to :)

Dale

XRD
27-07-12, 16:58
Ive sorted it, it seems not to be a limitation of the Enigma 2 OS, more to do with a limitation with the editing feature of DBE, if you insert a blank line as per this :

The <SPACE> is actually a space, this simply inserts a totally blank line in the EPG, also when using the channel up / down buttons, the channel gets skipped, the only error i can find, if choosing the channel number directly from the keypad causes a 'Service Unavailable' message.

This now looks much better:

IMHO this looks and acts just like i wanted / expected it to :)

Dale

How do you set this up in DBE?

jamie-warez
28-07-12, 00:58
if you can please upload your settings thanks:D

dalep
28-07-12, 01:01
How do you set this up in DBE?

Unless someone else would like to correct me, you cant as DBE doesn't allow you to save 0000 in the transponder settings as it throws up an error, I created a new Bouquet called blank, added the line in the post above, then now, when using DBE or iDREAM, you can simply copy the blank line into the Channel list where you need it!

Now CBBC is back on 70, where my daughter expects to find it lol

dalep
28-07-12, 01:06
if you can please upload your settings thanks:D

Create a new Bouquet , FTP this to your computer.

Open it in a text editor, then copy this line in:

The <SPACE> is actually a space, this simply inserts a totally blank line in the EPG

Now, go to DBE or iDREAM and simply drag to blank line from your new bouquet , into your normal bouquet, then drag it up/down to where you want the blank to appear.