PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] vix 2.2 recording problems (help please)

lumberjack
19-07-12, 10:10
As previous post, a friend has a solo with vix 2.2 on it, he has now gone home (150 miles away) so I can't nip round.

He rang to say he is recording something but can't change channel on box to watch something else.

In the recording section I read "you can record multiple programs at the same time"

I think I misread this to mean you can record and then watch another channel because I said he could.

ps:
There is no way he is savvy enough to be able to update to 2.4 for instance, and the journey is too
far for free tech support from me.

Thanks for reading.

punisher
19-07-12, 10:46
if he has a single tuner box (which the solo is) then he will only be able to record a show and watch another show on the same Transponder... if you bring up the channel list you will channels on the same transponder not greyed out and you can view them but that wont be loads and loads at all maybe only 1 or 2 if any. so to answer your question simply... you cant record 1 and watch another...

lumberjack
19-07-12, 14:47
thanks

now i understand

if he has a single tuner box (which the solo is) then he will only be able to record a show and watch another show on the same Transponder... if you bring up the channel list you will channels on the same transponder not greyed out and you can view them but that wont be loads and loads at all maybe only 1 or 2 if any. so to answer your question simply... you cant record 1 and watch another...