PDA

View Full Version : skybox F3 + WIFI connection problem

specialized
19-07-12, 08:57
i'm trying to connect my vonnets WIFI wireless bridge adaptor to my recently purchased SKYBOX F3but its not having any of it.

I change the settings in "network" to WIFI DHCP on as well. I have installed the program for the PC to find the device but it can't find it.Can somebody please shed some light on how i get this to work ? and do i need to go into the modem/router settings to get it to run ?. I'm running a cable superhub if that's any help.
thankyou.

frazzeld
10-08-12, 21:29
How are you powering the vonets? the usb is at the front on the skybox F3

VONETS WIRELESS BRIDGE SETUP

1) install the software From CD supplied to your computer,

2) connect the WIFI bridge to your computer's Ethernet port and the usb plugged
into your usb port for power

3) Run the software and follow instructions

4) Highlight the wifi bridge and click next

5) Highlight your wireless network and click next

6) select your security of your wireless Router and enter password key or passphrase

7) Once you have installed everything you should get a flickering lights

you can now disconnect it from your pc and connect to your system

sonicmember
29-08-12, 10:06
thats weird! i just spent a complete day with the same fault/problem, now its ok but i almost sent the vonets back. anyway what i did was to first go the vonets web site and download the latest driver/ install software. reboot the pc, plug in the vonets with usb AND lan connector ( it will not find it a t this stage) install the software...RE-Boot the pc. go the the link on the desktop and click to start the install set up. then WAIT a few seconds, take a look at the vonets adapter and see if it starts to flash orange, if not, wait until it does otherwise it doesnt install. all day yesterday and then bingo!