PDA

View Full Version : Triax 1.1m VS Gibertini 1.25m

frank
17-07-12, 19:17
Which dish is better and will give better signal with a VU+ Duo in Manchester?

Thanks

Ev0
18-07-12, 12:46
Gibertini 1.25m is the better dish (well made and good quality, plus it's bigger), but much more expensive.

The triax 1.1m is a great dish for the money, but it's a bitch to get the eleavtion setup correctly on it if your up a ladder on your own (from experience), but once setup it performs well imo.

digi247
18-07-12, 12:57
I have both and the Gibertini walks all over the TD110, If your thinking of going motorised with the Gibby then you will need a 36v actuator or the Motek 180 as a diseqc motor is not really up to the job. And point to note from Ev0 if your installing over a roofline with the Gibby be careful it weighs a lot the TD110 is as light as a feather in comparison.

jcm193
18-07-12, 14:06
I think your incorrect there digi247 according to sources online and personal experience your find its actually the other way around the Gibby weighs 4 Kilo and the Triax weighs 11.60 kilo i have my Gibertini 1.25m running on h-h motor directly connected to my duo via usals positioning,i believe you should be able run it off something like a technomate 2600 motor without any major issues i opted for the stronger h-h motor because the dish is in a vulnerable position but whatever you do go for you will not need a 36 volt vbox just to add the gibby is considered a very close second to the cm 1.2 some people actually say its better not to mention its a lot lighter

digi247
18-07-12, 15:24
I think your incorrect there digi247 according to sources online and personal experience your find its actually the other way around the Gibby weighs 4 Kilo and the Triax weighs 11.60 kilo i have my Gibertini 1.25m running on h-h motor directly connected to my duo via usals positioning,i believe you should be able run it off something like a technomate 2600 motor without any major issues i opted for the stronger h-h motor because the dish is in a vulnerable position but whatever you do go for you will not need a 36 volt vbox just to add the gibby is considered a very close second to the cm 1.2 some people actually say its better not to mention its a lot lighter

Forget what sources online say i am an installer and have done a few of these now, The old Gibertini 1.25 was all steel including the dish face and weighed heavier than the newer version. The new Gibertini 1.25m has an aluminium dish face but the AZ/EL mount is still made from Galvanised steel and there is no way the whole thing weighs 4 kilos not on this planet anyway.

I did not say you could not have these on a diseqc motor but it is not advisable you would be looking at changing the motor every year if not sooner with the weight of the Gibby, I advised a 36v because of its weight and putting this in an exposed location on a diseqc motor your asking for trouble in some of the recent winds i would imagine the spring mechanism in most dark motors or TM's gets a hammering and this then leads to excessive play in the motor stub. Trust me i have seen it happen

as for putting up against the CM1.2 there is nothing in it signal wise, but if the OP does decide on one get yourself the matching Gibertini feedhorn with a C120 to match instead of just sticking an lnbf on there.

jcm193
18-07-12, 15:46
Fair enough i have the aluminium Gibertini 1.25m and touch wood ive has no issues at all using it on a hh 120 motor to be honest i didn't even realise they did a steel version my bad

digi247
18-07-12, 15:57
No worries jcm193 you still can get hold of the steel version but it weighs more than the Aluminium version due to its dish face, on the Ally version the Dish face may weigh 4 kilo's but altogether it weighs much more i have no idea where some online shops get that weight from its just not true, I am due to take one down soon thats on a STAB motor due to the fact its too heavy for it at 2 storeys up and in a windy location, the Diseqc being replaced with the Gibby polar mount and actuator motor to make it more solid.

When i get it down if i can remember i will try and weigh the whole thing to see what the true weight is when its all in one piece.