PDA

View Full Version : S/pdif question

unisat
31-08-10, 07:55
Hi,

Am trying to find out the various usage for the S/pdfi port in the back of the Vu+Duo.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Mr.McGee
31-08-10, 08:22
S/PDIF is for sound.

unisat
31-08-10, 10:28
S/PDIF is for sound.

H know that but need to know which equipments can be connected to vu+ using this port.

guff daddy
31-08-10, 10:35
Any equipment with a S/PDIF input can be connected - in practice this will generally be an amplifier of some kind. The S/PDIF carries DTS or AC3 (Dolby Digital) sound signals i.e. 5:1 speaker information.

DrProzac
31-08-10, 12:37
I'm using S/PDIF to connect my VU+ to a Denon Amp.
Working well. :)

canthackit
31-08-10, 18:23
go on then i'll ask you :D

why arnt you using HDMI? ;)

regards: canthackit

DrProzac
31-08-10, 21:34
At the moment I have all the HDMI used up on the Denon it only has 3 HDMI Inputs which at the time I thought would be enough.

I've got the SKY HD Box, PS3, and Blu-Ray (so they are all taken up)
Have the VU Connected via HDMI to the TV, on HDMI 2 and the Denon connected to TV via HDMI 1.

Using the S/PDIF connected to the Denon so at least I've got the use of the sound.
Keeping thinking about swaping some of the inputs round but not sure what to remove.

canthackit
01-09-10, 04:13
Errrr
do you need the sky box connected?

mines not i only connect it if need be.

sorry mate just trying to help ;)

regards: canthackit

cervot
01-09-10, 07:11
has PS3 not got blu ray?

DrProzac
01-09-10, 09:56
SKY HD Connected as it's more family friendly.
PS3 Does indeed have a Blu-Ray attached, but as I have the original Fat Unit, when watching a film late at night the fan is just too noisy.

SO at the moment it's all a compromise between what I want and what everyone else in the house wants!
I always loose!

(which is why the 1m is in the garage)

canthackit
03-09-10, 06:58
SKY HD Connected as it's more family friendly.
PS3 Does indeed have a Blu-Ray attached, but as I have the original Fat Unit, when watching a film late at night the fan is just too noisy.

SO at the moment it's all a compromise between what I want and what everyone else in the house wants!
I always loose!

(which is why the 1m is in the garage)

LOL
i sympathise mate.

regards: canthackt