PDA

View Full Version : Guy I have a vu+ duo but I need to buy a new receiver, I need some help.

samad
11-07-12, 22:12
So here is the thing guys, I have a VU+ DUO, which I am very happy with.

I am setting up a new cinema room, where I will need a new receiver.

There is only one dish with one satellite, astra 28.2

So I just need a simple VU+ model that supports HD.

I dont need a dual tuner or anything, but I want the picture quality to be good, so I do not know if duo or other models make the HD picture better?

So my question is, a simple vu model which one shud I go for?

VU+ SOLO S2
VU + UNO S2
VU+ ULTIMO 2 x S2 SAT
VU+ DUO S2 - TWIN SAT

If any of those simple ones support HD? I will take it.

Any suggetions?

Maxwell
11-07-12, 22:19
They all support HD, for a single feed the Uno would be my choice, picture quality is very good on all of them

Larry-G
11-07-12, 22:19
all Vu receivers support HD and if you only need a single tuner its between the uno and solo. both of which are very good receivers, although the solo like the duo is now considered a older receiver.

paul362
12-07-12, 08:04
I would say go for the Solo because i pressume you will be sitting in the dark in a cinima room and you won't have hardly anything showing on the front of a solo as apposed to a duo or uno with lcd displays.?

samad
12-07-12, 12:11
Thanks.

Does UNO or SOLO both have 3D support? cuz my TV supports 3D, and with DUO I get sky 3d, but will I get it with SOLO or UNO too?

Larry-G
12-07-12, 12:23
yes all Vu's have 3D support in fact correct me if im wrong but all HD receivers support 3D.

satmanbasil
12-07-12, 15:33
Hi

Thats right most all HD receivers support 3D as the main work is done at the tv end format the side by side pics into 3d works well on my samsung 3d smart tv

regards