PDA

View Full Version : Setup issues

Bluto141
09-07-12, 00:28
Let me start in saying, I have been around the fringes of the old analogue days as well as D2box and various "other cable" type of fun.

I had a DM500 and a Technomate, so would hope I can at least find my way around this bloody box.

After many painful days and with the patience of Sicilian, this box would already be in the bin.
I eventually got it working with TeamRed, but stupidly decided to try an new image.
After trying to install, openmips, AAF and a couple of others it was suggested I go back to TeamRed as it was working..
That was over a week ago, I am at the stage as some others seam to be, not picking all the channels up and worse, My CCcam.cfg file won't work, I am putting it in the var/etc folder, but bothing unscrambles, I have tried CCam 2.3.0 and 2.2.1.

Am am seriously thinking about selling this and going back to the technomate..

Ok from the begining.
I format usb stick with the recommended utility and put on the 2 preflash files
Run preflash from usb
format and install the 3 files for TeamRead image on usb.
boot to files on usb, let it finish

Run the general set up, HDMI etc.
when I run manual I only get 490ish.
instal extra url
Install and run cccam 2.3
install cross epg and cool tv.
put cccam.cfg in var/etc using ftp.

That is what I have done and as far as I can remember, I did it in that order...I lost all my info a while back.

Cheers Gary

basilyoung
09-07-12, 01:06
i cant offer any help, but sounds like you need a rest from the unit mate
sorry to here of the aggro you are having, ( read through your previous post )

but hope you get it sorted

one comment though, if you get the red image working, stick with it, untill a relyable image becomes available

Sicilian
09-07-12, 05:11
Set the tuner setting to send diseqc to yes, then scan again. Will be fine, read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19390-Only-get-some-channels

Btw, changed the title to something more suiting to the thread ;)

The bug has not been posted as a stickey http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19439-Anyone-with-scanning-or-greyed-out-channel-issues-read-this!

steve14
09-07-12, 08:34
I have to use 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 for mine to work...maybe try that?

Bluto141
09-07-12, 14:40
Hi
I am sure I posted a reply on this.

ok changing the diseqc did work on the number of channels.

and finally got all channels working (i think)

I got cccam 2.2.1 going, which is strange as last time the only one that would work was, 2.3.0

Thanks to all who replied...

Sicilian
09-07-12, 14:47
Excellent news, glad we got to the bottom of the scanning issue :)

Manufacturer has advised that this bug will be fixed in next driver release.