PDA

View Full Version : Recording more Channels on 28E

Irish Bazza
07-07-12, 10:53
I am looking at recording more channels on 28E and I would like some advice. My current tuner set up is:

Tuner A: 28E
Tuner B: Motor
Tuner C: Terrestial

I have two free 28E cables available, would a Diseqc set up in tuner A, give more transponders to record from?

Or do I start to open up Port A and Port B in the tuner settings?

Does the back feed tuner, give an option in Tuner A?

I want to be in a position to record say ch4, ch5, BBC1 and ITV all at the same time

Larry-G
07-07-12, 11:00
With Two satellite feeds you are still limited to recording from Two different transponders and no more. Now it is possible to record multiple channels at the same time if there all on the same transponder, but if for example all those channels listed above are on a different transponder then even with 3 satellite feeds to the receiver you would not be able to record from all of them at the same time.

With your present setup you can record from two separate transponders on the satellite side i'm not sure about the terrestrial tuner though as i dont even have TV Ariel to try my DVB-C/T tuner card with.

Stanman
07-07-12, 11:25
I don't think the DISQEC switch will help you access both cables at the same time as far as my understanding of it goes (which is limited) it enables you to switch between many cables on the one tuner.

The only way your going to be able to open up the additional cable is by getting USB tuner.

The motor should swing to 28.2E anyway when you want to watch/record something and no tuners are free.

Trial
07-07-12, 15:43
Hi,
an additional switch with an extra cable for 28E at tuner A will not help you. One Tuner = One Transponder to record/watch.

ciao