PDA

View Full Version : installing a plug in

jrbmw
29-08-10, 11:19
Is there a standard procedure for installing a plug in. I am using the open pli image. using Dcc I ftp the plug in to the Vu+ duo ok.Then using telnet doesent see the file

Regards jrbmw:confused:

grtmoby
29-08-10, 11:40
well it depends what extension it is. if ipk, u should ftp the file to /tmp and then use telnet and the command is

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

jrbmw
29-08-10, 11:50
well it depends what extension it is. if ipk, u should ftp the file to /tmp and then use telnet and the command is

ipkg install /tmp/*ipk
How do I know if it is ipk the plug in is a tar.gz

grtmoby
29-08-10, 12:15
ok had a look for you and this is what i got

1) install dream-explorer plugin from downloads (it will appear in plugins list and under "blue button" list as well)
2) place package (.tar.gz or .ipk) in your box (wherever you want: /tmp, hdd, usb, network mount)
3) run dream-explorer, browse to location where you put package to install, choose package > install
//it'll take few seconds, you'll see on-screen what's going on and if the package was installed correctly
have fun http://www.pli-images.org/images/smiley/grin.gif

Thanks to OP

satsatsat
29-08-10, 12:51
why cant you install by ftp to temp and then use filebrowser function - go to temp and then click on item and use install function -

jrbmw
30-08-10, 15:17
thanks for the help but dream explorer had no command to install in the menu .Filebrowser wouldnt install either. Changed image to dream elite

regards jrbmw

cervot
30-08-10, 18:04
you have to select the file then press ok button this brings up the option to install whatever the plugin is called, worked fine for me yesterday.