PDA

View Full Version : connecting Vu+Duo to external Speakers

unisat
29-08-10, 10:42
Hi,

can anyone please guide me connect my vu+ to an amplifier which will feed two external speakers. in the rear of the amplifier i have outlets for rca cables( yellow, white,red)

I have noticed that in the rear of Vu+ there is an s/pdif port . can I use this port to connect to my amplifier noting that there is no input port for spidf in my amplifier. In front of the amplifier there is a port written under it phone> can I use it for the spdif > If so how, using wich cable.

My post sounds confusing . That is because am really confused.

Thanks for any help.

canthackit
29-08-10, 15:25
s/pdif is an optical connection for Dolby Digital, so in answer the way you're trying to do it is no.

but, if your Amp supports it you can wire up your external speakers to the 2 avaliable speaker terminals, that's why i ask if your Amp supports it.

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

bob1
29-08-10, 17:16
Whats the amplifier? sounds like a normal stereo one ,you will need to connect to one of the white/red inputs not outlet ,the phone or did you mean phono input is not suitable if it is phono.

kingo
29-08-10, 19:00
you just need the red and white for audio, the yellow is for video, spdif as already said is for digital audio often refered to as optical, the red and white is anologue

canthackit
29-08-10, 21:36
Whats the amplifier? sounds like a normal stereo one ,you will need to connect to one of the white/red inputs not outlet ,the phone or did you mean phono input is not suitable if it is phono.

o i c

didn't think of phono, for some strange reason i thought he meant a telephone connection:D

oh well :rolleyes:

guff daddy
30-08-10, 13:50
Pretty sure it is a headphone output (if it is on the front of the amp, marked "Phone"...

canthackit
30-08-10, 14:40
get's confusing dunnit mate :confused:

unisat
30-08-10, 21:28
Pretty sure it is a headphone output (if it is on the front of the amp, marked "Phone"...

I think you are correct

Thanks