PDA

View Full Version : trouble with BH 1.74 & 1.75 plus question regar vix 2.4 image. (help needed please)

lumberjack
05-07-12, 10:55
Hi

I usually use the openpli from nov 2011 but bought a new box yesterday and wanted to try later images
but had trouble and need advice please.

================================================== ====================================
Blackhole 1.74 (loads of grief actually especially cccam 2.14 or 2.3 on and when finally got on it over and activated it
it was fine UNTIL box was rebooted. It manages to switch itself off after the reboot which needing manual input via
blue button on remote. (Did it via tunisia sat)

Put 1.75 on and that did exactly the same. (fine until reboot)
================================================== ====================================

If I use ViX-2.4.155-vusolo_usb.zip can I avoid bootloader as I only got this box yesterday and want to be cautious.
(I assumed that cfe_solo file was just for the dreaded cl*nes)

Also I have heard that if I put blackhole 1.75 back on THEN flash ViX-2.4.155-vusolo_usb.zip it should be ok.

Appreciate advice before I go further thanks

Mr. Mister
05-07-12, 11:02
You will not find any support here for clones Vu+ boxes..

If you are using BL 175.. then you dont need to flash the cfe file..

The cfe file is not for clones.. Its to update the kernel in ALL original boxes..

It will not do any harm to your box if you do flash the cfe solo file again.. So just to be on the safe side.. flash the cfe solo file.. ( it will only take a few seconds ).. and then flash the latest Vix 2.4 155..

hope this helps

lumberjack
05-07-12, 14:41
It is a genuine box, I know the rules so would not ask if it was a clone.
thanks for the advice regarding the bootloader.

I suspect I will go back to openpli as both BH and vix have given me grief that I believe is unnecessary.

Vti 4.1 Feb 8 2012 experimental
Have CCcam 2.3 ticked & showing as running but on exit and in in tv mode bottom of screen shows [not detected softcam]

Blackhole 1.74 & 1.75
Have CCcam 2.14 running but every reboot causing softcam to switch off, I then manual restart cam (blue button) BH 1.74 & 1.75 EVERY TIME

It just does not seem to be worth the grief unless ON BOTH IMAGES I am doing something wrong.

Appreciate input please

Mr. Mister
05-07-12, 14:46
You must be doing something wrong buddy..

Vix 2.4 155 is as stable an image as there has ever been..

What is Vix not doing that you want it to do.. ?

please post bas much details as possible.. and we will try and sort it for you..

Trial
05-07-12, 14:48
Hi,
I do not know BH and VTI but I have no problems with ViX and CCcam, SCAM and/or OScam.

What do you understand with reboot? You should shut down (Deep StandBy) the box at least once so that she has the chance to store your settings in flash. If you simply switch it of or do a reboot in telnet then your changes are not stored. Btw. what I say is valid for ALL images.

ciao

Sicilian
05-07-12, 14:55
Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ET6000-ViX

lumberjack
05-07-12, 17:40
Thanks

right now it's not holding it's softcam I get the error "not detected softcam"

I use the menu and download all kinds of cams but to no avail, here's the info

Blue, Blue shows a list of cams.

2.14 (ticked) shows [not detected softcam]
2.30 (when ticked) [not detected softcam]

just tried oscam (below) and that seems to register

oscam 1.20 cccam 2.21 shows as connected but nothing clears

ps a lot of help around is for VIX (such as link above by sicilian) but all I find is VTI so menu's different.
is vti vix and if so why do I see vti menu's and not the vix menu's discussed elsewhere.

Hopefully I can sort this

thanks to all who have helped so far

You must be doing something wrong buddy..

Vix 2.4 155 is as stable an image as there has ever been..

What is Vix not doing that you want it to do.. ?

please post bas much details as possible.. and we will try and sort it for you..

Mr. Mister
05-07-12, 17:55
You have not got a Vix image installed if you are seeing the VTI panel..

VTI and Vix are 2 totally separate images..

Download Vix 2.4 155 from here..
www.openvix.co.uk

Just flash as you would any other image.. and we will help you all we can with the rest of it..

mdt
05-07-12, 18:08
BH 174/175 are full of bugs... try BH 1.7.3 ive had it running on my duo using c**am 2.14 and mgcamd 1.38 with all the usual addons and its been great although its no secret im a big blackhole fan, regards mdt