PDA

View Full Version : [Q] valihdflex_1.1_mipsel.ipk will work with Vix 2.4 b155?

windozer
03-07-12, 22:59
It's my favorite skin. Will the Vali HD Flex skin posted here (Vali.HD.flex Skin (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8626-Vali-HD-flex-Skin) work with the latest VIX build? I don't want to get a skin error screen coz it results in an endless boot loop.

Larry-G
03-07-12, 23:04
I dont know to be honest as it's been a very long time since i used any skin but the default one in ViX as it works so well i have never felt to need to change it. You will only really know by trying it your self, but make a set of backups first and if the worst comes to pass you can restore the image from these backups or in the case of a bootloop created by the installation of a skin, manually FTP into the receiver and delete the skin folder.

basilyoung
03-07-12, 23:04
if its not in the down loads...then its untested, so the risk is your choice

windozer
03-07-12, 23:16
@Phoenix thanks.
How can I make a backup of my whole image ie the 4 file such that I can put in vuplus/uno directory? Sorry for being noobish - i'm coming from a DM800HD.

Also the borders of the default Night and XBMC skins kind of extend out of my screen. I'm guessing I can fix it with the OSD 3D plugin?
Okay it's all in the settings - too easy. THanks for your help. : D

Mr. Mister
03-07-12, 23:46
Please post back and let us know if this skin worked for you..

Thanks

Rob van der Does
04-07-12, 06:53
The risk is not that big: as Pheonix said: in case of trouble just delete the skin-folder (located at /usr/share/enigma2/Vali-XD).
This skin is not fully ViX-compatible; not all ViX-functionality is supported. If you do like the lay-out of that skin, I may suggest to use Magic-HD from the feeds: that is fully compatible and has some similarity to Vali.

windozer
04-07-12, 08:59
Please post back and let us know if this skin worked for you..

Thanks
Well it didn't work; crashes at boot in a loop. I restored my backup. I guess there's a good reason it's not there in the feeds. @Rob van der Does Thanks for the tip. Next time I'll simply delete the folder. : )