PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 2.4 Timer issues?

mkhan
02-07-12, 21:29
I was playing with the timer option and noticed that when a timer event has been set to record the recording will start but it won't zap to the channel its recording and for some reason when its recording you cannot view the channel its recording. You can however view any other channel that your not recording.

The only way I can get it to zap to the channel I want to record is use the zap option but then I have to press the record button manually.

Is this an issue or this there another option in the menu I need to enable to get the above working?

Stanman
02-07-12, 21:32
As long as you have a twin tuner the box will not change to the recording channel, to get to it you should be either able to go through the channel list or enter its number and zap to it, is this not happening for you?

mkhan
02-07-12, 21:34
I'm able to zap to it but that channel if I'm recording it will not clear it gives tune failed message.
The rest of the channels I zap to will clear just not the channel I'm recording.

Rob van der Does
02-07-12, 21:38
The box will only zap to the recorded channel if the other tuner is in use already, and the recordings are not on the same transponder.
However: you should always be able to watch the channel that is being recorded by manual zap. Is the recording itself OK?

Larry-G
02-07-12, 21:41
How do MKhan buddy, long time since we last spoke, as pointed out you should always be able to manually zap to any channel that is recording, I do this regularly my self without problem.

mkhan
02-07-12, 21:42
The recording is ok when the event is finished but I can't seem to watch the event as its being recorded on that channel.

Rob van der Does
02-07-12, 21:44
The recording is ok when the event is finished but I can't seem to watch the event as its being recorded on that channel.
Hmmm, this is unexplainable. As is the not being able to watch the channel when recording.

mkhan
03-07-12, 18:00
It could be a problem with this build I will update to the latest build and see if that makes a difference. This is the first time I've tested the timer function therefore I don't know if this issue was there before. I hardly record anything and if I do I manually press record on the channel I'm recording.

mkhan
04-07-12, 22:00
I've updated to the latest build and I can now see the event as its being recorded. If its possible can the Vix team merge the zap and record function together so that it zaps to the channel and records the event at the same time. The current options only allow you to zap to the channel and then press record manually or just a timer event to record without zapping.

Rob van der Does
05-07-12, 06:42
If its possible can the Vix team merge the zap and record function together so that it zaps to the channel and records the event at the same time.
Not sure what you mean exactly: could you elaborate?

The current options only allow you to zap to the channel and then press record manually or just a timer event to record without zapping.
And that seems fine to me.
The normal way of recording is to set timers (I do so once a week: go through the EPG of all the channels I normally watch and set timers for all I might want to see). The 'instant record' is there for emergencies only, if you stumble upon a show you want to record.

From the graphical EPG there are several possibilities:
1- Add timer (green)
2- Add Autotimer (long-green)
3- Set instant timer record (rec)
4- Set instant timer zap (long-rec)
5- ZAP (OK)
6- ZAP & Exit (long OK)

So again: not sure what (and how and why) you would want more options.

stick50jr
05-07-12, 10:50
@mkhan,

I understand that you want a record AND zap option for the timers. Currently this is not supported; however, the same effect can be achieved by setting two identical timers ... one for record and one for zap. (I do a fair bit of recording and I often set multiple timers, some with identical start times... this is not a problem, they are just actioned sequentially... once the timer recording has been initiated, then the second timer to zap would be actioned).

I hope they don't merge these actions, because normally I want to record in the background (rather than zap) and then I view recordings later skipping over the advertisements.

cheers.

Rob van der Does
05-07-12, 11:04
I hope they don't merge these actions, because normally I want to record in the background (rather than zap) and then I view recordings later skipping over the advertisements.
Exactly: the beauty of life with a DVR: never ever watch any adds anymore :thumbsup:
And no worries: combining these is so illogical, that's a non-issue. Recording & watching are to completely different functionalities.

mkhan
05-07-12, 22:25
@mkhan,

I understand that you want a record AND zap option for the timers. Currently this is not supported; however, the same effect can be achieved by setting two identical timers ... one for record and one for zap. (I do a fair bit of recording and I often set multiple timers, some with identical start times... this is not a problem, they are just actioned sequentially... once the timer recording has been initiated, then the second timer to zap would be actioned).

cheers.

I'm not asking for the current options to be changed an additional option could be added to include Record + Zap for people that may want to make things a little easier rather than setting two timers.

Stanman
06-07-12, 09:51
I'm not asking for the current options to be changed an additional option could be added to include Record + Zap for people that may want to make things a little easier rather than setting two timers.
Mate how easier could it be if your sitting there watching to press the channel and OK?

if your not there the people watching are going to be far from happy if the channel changes automatically?