PDA

View Full Version : Component output + Slingbox

captain jack
02-07-12, 08:20
Hi,

I would like to connect Slingbox Solo to my Uno via component. Could someone confirm the following pin-outs for creating a component output SCART to Cinch connectors? Pins 7, 11 and 15 go to blue, green and red connectors respectively. But what do I use for ground? Pin 17? Or do I not need it in this case?

As SlingCatchers cost the earth, I will probably use Boxee with SlingPlayer installed. Is it possible to control the Uno remotely using either Uno's original remote (via network - somehow?) or via Boxee's remote/SlingPlayer? Obviously, I can use an Android phone but it's a little inconvenient.

Also, what's the quality like on Slingbox having around 1 Mbit upload at the sending end (more on the receiving)?

Cheers
CJ

Maxwell
02-07-12, 08:27
Scart does not carry component but only composite or RGB but in answer to your question each requires its own ground.

Red ground is pin 13
Green ground is pin 9
Blue ground is pin 5

Sling is a bit hit and miss, very dependent on your upload speeds and may struggle at 1 meg and yes you can control it remotely

captain jack
02-07-12, 09:27
All spec sheets on the Uno say it supports component outputs. Where do they come out from?

Maxwell
02-07-12, 09:35
it does not support component but does have composite is this what you mean ?

captain jack
02-07-12, 09:40
No, I mean component, not RGB or composite:

• Component RGB/YPrPb HD/HD-DVO outputs

What pins on the SCART do I get YPrPb signals from? Many sources on SCART pin-outs say 7, 11 and 15. Can someone confirm?

Maxwell
02-07-12, 09:54
Ahh my mistake yes it is 7, 11 and 15 and the ground pins are as I said earlier.

7 = Pb
11 = Y
15 = Pr

captain jack
02-07-12, 10:02
Cool, thanks! :thumbsup:

My landlord's landlord said we couldn't have dishes up on the balcony so have to relocate it to my parents and Slingbox it across :( Hence the question.

Maxwell
02-07-12, 10:05
Please report back how you get on with this regarding the component signals :thumbsup:

captain jack
02-07-12, 10:08
Will make up the cable tonight or tomorrow and let you know. Haven't got the Slingbox yet, nor the dish at my parents so that will be a while.

Rob van der Does
02-07-12, 12:57
All the VU boxes support component over scart. The pins used are the same as the pins for RGB.
Cables are readily available, see e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=component+cable+to+scart
I have used this for UNO, DUO & Ultimo.

Huevos
04-07-12, 12:00
what's the quality like on Slingbox having around 1 Mbit uploadBitrate for a benchmark SD channel is about 3.5Mbps average, and sometimes spikes to a bit more, so 1Mbps is going to be pretty soft and compressed, and any network slow down is going to make it glitch.