PDA

View Full Version : vu plus ultimo fan noise

kostassatcom
01-07-12, 20:32
hello to all,i ha vu+ultimo since april.i dont remember..but in the first period the fan was quietet,but i noticed the last week when is booting makes noise,after booting become quietet again.this is normal???i sent it back to reseller and said tom me is normal.Is normal????the same happen to you???:confused::confused: is in the market another fan except nidec,because is difficult to find???

Mr. Mister
01-07-12, 20:37
I do not get any noise at all on my Ultimo.. on boot or any other time..

Defo something wrong..

Did you buy from WOS.. ?? If yes.. Im sure they will be only too happy to help..

If not.. Then contact the seller you bought it from.. and see what they say and tell them your not happy with the outcome..

kostassatcom
01-07-12, 20:41
thanks for your answer,i bought it from greece.i will contact with them again

Mr. Mister
01-07-12, 20:46
Jeeze.. Thats alot of postage costs back to Greece..

Push them and tell them your really not happy with their answer..

The fan defo should not be noisy at all..

kostassatcom
01-07-12, 20:49
no no i am from greece also :)

basilyoung
01-07-12, 20:56
well it should still be in warrenty, so the reseller should sort it for you

Rob van der Does
01-07-12, 21:05
..... i noticed the last week when is booting makes noise,after booting become quietet again.this is normal???....
Yes, this is perfectly normal. During the first phase of the boot-process, the fan will run at full speed. Once the OS drops in, it takes command of the fan-speed, which will be very much lower.
So your reseller is right there.

Mr. Mister
01-07-12, 21:09
I dont have this with my Ultimo Rob..

Rob van der Does
01-07-12, 21:14
I don't have this with my Ultimo Rob..
Well, than something is definitely wrong with your box. Both UNO & Ultimo fans work this way.
Of course being able to hear the fan on top-speed (for a number of seconds during the boot-proces) is also dependant on the location of the box, ambient noise and the sensitivity of your ears..........

jamie-warez
01-07-12, 21:39
My ultimo fan was making a noise as if it was making contact with something but it wasn't i tried to fix but snapped the fan by misstake....
I got this fan as replacement and since then its been very quiet
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-Duo-Ultimo-Genuine-Replacement-5cm-Fan?keyword=fan&category_id=0