PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference

cosie
01-07-12, 10:25
Hi guys I have a duo,very happy with it.I was looking at the solo and UNO,can someone tell me what's the difference between them,also are they flashed in the same way and with the same vix image as the duo?

Rob van der Does
01-07-12, 10:34
All can be flashed with ViX-images.
Solo has lower specs (less memory, slower CPU, no VFD), but e.g. excellent for the bedroom.

Larry-G
01-07-12, 10:36
Hi guys I have a duo,very happy with it.I was looking at the solo and UNO,can someone tell me what's the difference between them,also are they flashed in the same way and with the same vix image as the duo?

The uno has more ram and a better faster processor. it can also house a 2.5 or 3.5 inch HDD internally where as the solo can not. The uno also has a plug and play tuner which can be swapped out for a DVB C/T combo card and very soon to be released DVB S-S2 Twin tuner card. you also have a VFD display on the Uno similar to the Duo which the Solo does not have.

Basically the Uno is better that the solo in almost every respect but then again it was never intended to compete with the solo as it was launched for a different market where as the solo was the budget box as it were.

cosie
01-07-12, 11:54
Thanks rob and phoenix,great info indeed

Huevos
04-07-12, 12:31
Uno has blind scan. :)