PDA

View Full Version : CCCam crashing on Duo

Mr.McGee
28-08-10, 02:11
Hi folks,

I know there is an Emulator forum but it doesn't seem very active and this one is related to the Vu+ Duo in any case ;)

Every 2 days or so I'll come home from work and see that CCCam has stopped working/crashed.

I've checked around and see that there is a script that I can create/install/run but this is where it's getting a bit hazy for me. It seems there are various versions of this script and I also need a Cron Manager to get it to work. I was unable to find any such Cron Manager in my OpenPli image.

So basically what I need is for someone to show me the correct script to run on my Duo and how I can install the Cron Manager.

All help appreciated!

Thanks!

Sicilian
28-08-10, 06:27
What image are you using?

paul362
28-08-10, 07:51
Also have you set-up a Dynds account to forward your ip addy as static ??

Mr.McGee
28-08-10, 08:03
SS: I'm using OpenPLi.

Paul: My Duo is using a static IP address and my DynDNS account is the same as it was for my DM800 on which CCCam never crashed. Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

Donnie
28-08-10, 08:49
CCcam will only crash because of an error in setup or an attack to your server.

Start CCcam via telnet and have a look at what is happening.

To see if you have an attack just remove the # from the front of this line LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt in your CCcam.cfg

Make sure you restart CCcam.
You can access the log via ftp and it will be in tmp

Mr.McGee
28-08-10, 09:26
I've tried this now floyd but the warnings.txt doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. I'll leave it going until it crashes again and see if it reports anything useful.

pooface
28-08-10, 11:09
Have posted this little guide and script (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1925-Script-to-check-cccam-is-running)...

Hopefully should work and do what you're after...

Mr.McGee
29-08-10, 09:02
Thanks pooface. I've changed my dydns address as I saw through the terminal that some old clients were still trying to connect. Let's see if it makes any difference.