PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Lost the lot

olly
27-06-12, 16:54
Hi all,whilst uploading a cam,i was missing a file resulting in me needing a usr rar folder,by mistake cus i ftp this folder over i had 2 of the same so went ahead and deleted one of them,resulting in losing the lot,no image now either.
If i download openvix does it have the majority of the setup in it,hence as i received from wos?
thanks im Dumb!!

Sicilian
27-06-12, 16:57
Yes, just re-flash build 151 from www.openvix.co.uk

Larry-G
27-06-12, 17:04
as pointed out by Sicilian you just need to flash the ViX image to the receiver to put it back to the same state it came to you in from WoS. also this is why we always advise people to make backups so that when things go wrong they can return to a working image in the time it takes to flash the receiver.

olly
27-06-12, 17:09
Yeah me stupid,was nearly all setup after lots of hours frustration,now back to square one,thanks for info guys.

olly
27-06-12, 17:19
Trying to flash boatloader first,but the box has flashing green light for some time and no display on tv as of yet? help

Sicilian
27-06-12, 17:24
Trying to flash boatloader first,but the box has flashing green light for some time and no display on tv as of yet? help

Green flashing light means its finished. Turn off and flash image now. Read this carefully http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

olly
27-06-12, 17:53
Cheers fellas,bit of brown pants time then,back on course now with image back.

Maxwell
27-06-12, 18:41
Its all good for the learning curve though :)

olly
28-06-12, 10:13
Hi i now have channels,but for some reason i have to go to a channel to activate it,no line next to it,i have to do this for every channel available??
Also should the openvix image go from loading to starting as mine just says loading then will turn to a channel.
Also keep getting tune failed,(it is lashing down & thunder),Confused!!
thanks all for help.