PDA

View Full Version : Tenda W150M Wifibridge Cient + AP Mode

abster
27-06-12, 12:35
hi

ive got this working no problem, but i wondered if i can hang a router off the RJ45 port on the Tenda and allow more than one device to work....

i notice on the 'Main Router' which runs DHCP that the Linux Sat Receivers Mac code isnt mentioned, its actually the Mac code of the Tenda that is displayed with its assigned IP address so im thinking its not possible, anyone have any experience of this?

on a separate note... just as a test i also turned on my mobile phone hotspot and used the tenda to link to my mobile, it worked practically flawlessly, couple of glitches after zap.
good unit..

scott

Sicilian
27-06-12, 16:35
Pretty sure you can connect it to a non wifi enabled router and it will work fine.

palbhan
03-08-12, 08:18
Hi, I am newbee on this forum and does not know much about setting up boxes.Does Tenda work with Vu+ duo box as wifi if I connect a LAN cable through TENDA to my vu+ duo. I have my wifi connection upstairs and hard to get the same connection in the living room through LAN cable.
thanks
:(

sivhead
21-08-12, 20:17
Hi, I am newbee on this forum and does not know much about setting up boxes.Does Tenda work with Vu+ duo box as wifi if I connect a LAN cable through TENDA to my vu+ duo. I have my wifi connection upstairs and hard to get the same connection in the living room through LAN cable.
thanks
:(

Yes you connect a small RJ45 network cable from the back of your VU Duo to the tenda Wifi and the Tenda Wifi connects wirelessly to your Wifi Router simples

palbhan
08-09-12, 09:23
Thanks Sivhead. I made it working. Now when I use my laptop to connect to my wifi from my sittingroom looks like it connects to Tenda with same SSID as my wifi router and speed is little less. Is there anyway Tenda can be setup as different SSID with password so only connects if required through wireless without affecting my vu+ duo box. If you can send the detailed set up process would be great help.
thanks again.:)