PDA

View Full Version : weird new images

hilly
25-06-12, 22:08
Just received my SE today with the redteam image pre-installed by WoS but thought i would like the AAF image on but when all set up the free channels would be 78% signal with C4 HD 98% but then i would switch to C5 HD or another sky package channel and the signal would drop to 0% tuner failed.Tried the Openmips image and exactly the same so went back to redteam with i think the older bootloader and all channels regained the signal.I presume i upgraded the bootloader when loading mips and aaf as the images worked fine except for the signal problem,any advice would be greatly welcomed.Could this be a kernal problem with the newer images.

basilyoung
25-06-12, 22:16
no, I am not sure whats included with the giga800 images, but its likely to include a sat xml file, if this file is incomplete, that will be the cause of the problem

hilly
25-06-12, 22:22
thanks for quick reply but is there a solution like installing a sat xml file manually.

basilyoung
25-06-12, 22:27
I cant help as I am not fully familer with his unit, but hopefully, others might add to this issue

also be carefull as to what images you try, a few nights back, a file was posted on this forum, which was untested, and suspect, it was removed quickly, just a heads up for you

judge
25-06-12, 22:31
thanks for quick reply but is there a solution like installing a sat xml file manually.

Yes, use:

http://satellites-xml.org/
And copy the generated file to /etc/tuxbox/

hilly
25-06-12, 22:45
thanks for all the help i seem to have it sorted.Not sure where i got the other images from but ive just redone the bootloader and openmips image from this site and it s working fine on all channels.