PDA

View Full Version : Are these Genuine VU+DUO,S

Blu-ray
25-06-12, 10:56
Got an email this morning from XXXXX offering VU=DUO for £210 Solo for £140 loaded with the latest image and CAMS pre loaded plug & play.Any one else got email from these people are they genuine or clones?.

Sicilian
25-06-12, 11:00
No they are rubbish shit clones.

Rob van der Does
25-06-12, 11:03
Are you sure the mail is genuine? On their website I can only see Dreamboxes (and a warning against clones), no VU's at all.
Anyway: given the price and description I would stay away from the e-mail offer. See the sponsor's shop: there you're sure to get the real thing.

Blu-ray
25-06-12, 11:09
They say they are the Leading Distributer of Dreambox Recievers & Accessories for the UK & Europe should they be reported or somthing for selling clones as Genuine receivers.

Blu-ray
25-06-12, 11:11
Are you sure the mail is genuine? On their website I can only see Dreamboxes (and a warning against clones), no VU's at all.
Anyway: given the price and description I would stay away from the e-mail offer. See the sponsor's shop: there you're sure to get the real thing.

Genuine email also selling DM800 HD/S for £135.

Larry-G
25-06-12, 11:18
Genuine email also selling DM800 HD/S for £135.

well those are absolutely fake as the real things go for over £400.

Sicilian
25-06-12, 11:36
I wouldn't touch a clone VU+ with a bargepole! I physically seen one, cheap and crappy manufacture and the heat generated from this rubbish is a potential fire hazard.

Larry-G
25-06-12, 11:38
I wouldn't touch a clone VU+ with a bargepole! I physically seen one, cheap and crappy manufacture and the heat generated from this rubbish is a potential fire hazard.

added to that a lot and i do mean a lot of PSU's ( power supply units ) going bang literally. if thats not a fire hazard i dont know what is.

pooface
25-06-12, 11:53
added to that a lot and i do mean a lot of PSU's ( power supply units ) going bang literally. if thats not a fire hazard i dont know what is.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that someone said that clones invalidate insurance or something, so if you did have a fire and a clone box was to be the cause, then you might not have the insurance for it... (not sure whether this is true, but definitely not worth the risk if it is!)

pooface
25-06-12, 11:58
Here's that post here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14639-Vu-duo-189-Warning-this-is-a-clone&p=106845&viewfull=1#post106845