PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend ET9200 or Vu+ duo??

arichie999
23-06-12, 11:22
Hi there, I was planning on getting myself a Vu+ duo, mainly after a friend has been singing its praises for so long but now I've seen the xtrend ET9200, looks pretty much the same but with better specs. Now I'm wondering if the Vu+ duo is a bit long in the tooth but it does seem so much better supported and very well loved, whereas the ET9200 doesn't seem to have many lovers or much support but has the edge in the specs department.
So I'm just not sure which way to go, anybody got any views or advice out there please?

And now I've seen the Vu+ Duo 2 is coming out soon! Might it be worth waiting for this one (although I don't want to fall into the "waiting for something better" trap)? Any clue on price on the new one yet too?

My head is starting to set on fire now I've been reading so much, I think just seeing the amount of posts on the Duo compared to the ET9200 is almost evidence enough of which way to go though.

Tyler
23-06-12, 11:55
I have both and think the xtrend is slightly better.
But being honest mate there is nothing between them. Both top class boxes.
Sponsor has great deal on duo at the moment.

basilyoung
23-06-12, 12:03
I have the duo, and the et9000, both units are well ok, the et series are more "front room" than the duo, in that they look smarter, however, the Ultimo has looks and caperbility

Stanman
23-06-12, 15:33
Both great box but like you say, support is an issue, luckily both are supporter by the best image team out there;)

For your telly watching either one will do you fine imho

DixieRay
24-06-12, 09:15
new duo2 looks reel nice but mite be a long waTE TO HIT THE STREETS, muche better looks that the current duo if looks is important in your prefresntials

arichie999
24-06-12, 17:52
The ultimo is a bit expensive for me I think, does look good though, looks are a bit important but could live with the Duo there, although all the others look much better.
Just seems to be so few posts on the et9200, that does put me off, seems most problems on the Duo have already come up and been sorted.
And out of interest, does any one of these handle streaming from a PC any better than the other?

twol
25-06-12, 11:38
Just seems to be so few posts on the et9200, that does put me off, seems most problems on the Duo have already come up and been sorted.
And out of interest, does any one of these handle streaming from a PC any better than the other?
1) Perhaps because there have been fewer problems with the ET9200 (and there is another WEB site for ET boxes that gets a hell of a lot of (mainly German) traffic) - I just prefer the VIX image :) and a very stable ET9200 :cool:
2) If you use the same image, then it shouldn't make a lot of difference, compared to all the other variables (PC performance, software, LAN (Gbit or ?) vs WiFi, NAS etc)