PDA

View Full Version : Video editing software

Stanman
22-06-12, 16:31
Can some one recommedning a video editing software to make a short video but from multiple sources, AVI, AVCHd as well still photo,s.

I want to overly the video with music but at certain points want to retain the video audio and than resume the music . is this possiable?

finally it needs to be easy to use as not one to read the manual cover to cover.

I would also like to be able to focus on a still photo and than pan out.

Thanks

pooface
22-06-12, 16:51
Personally, would say to use Pinnacle Studio. Version 15 is the latest I think, but I'm currently using 14. Really easy to use, and (afaik) does all you want :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
22-06-12, 17:22
And what about the free Windows MovieMaker?

I've used Pinnacle up to version 10 (I think) and it's famous for it's instability (which only shows after you've done a lot of editing..........).

pooface
22-06-12, 18:05
And what about the free Windows MovieMaker?

I've used Pinnacle up to version 10 (I think) and it's famous for it's instability (which only shows after you've done a lot of editing..........).

Using v9 was quite buggy as you say. But v14 was very stable as far as I'm concerned, and much better...

As for movie maker, versions I've used on win xp have been lots more unstable than pinnacle... And has nothing in comparison when you compare transitions, titles, editing abilities...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
22-06-12, 18:15
LoL, Win XP......., do you still remember that? Ages ago :D

Anyway: Moviemaker seems to be a serious program atm. Never used it myself: I'm on (or better: was, as I hardly ever edit any more) Adobe Premiere.

cosie
22-06-12, 19:07
i use power director,i find it easy to use and good results.

xp rocks:]