PDA

View Full Version : Need some Advice before i re-flash my box?

rafter_01
22-06-12, 10:15
Morning All,

for some very strange reason my channels have stopped working. This happened yesterday. Freeview channels are working fine. I restarted the CAM (which usuallly fixes the issue) but no joy. restarted enigma, restarted the box, re-scanned the channels but still no joy.

Turned off the box for a bit, disconnected my internet connection and reconnected but still nothing.

So i'm kind of forced to re-flash my box with vix 2.3 (which is currently on it) and starting from scratch. Anything ive missed before i re-flash? I know it sounds stupid but could it have something to do with the appalling weather?

Was thinking of flashing it with vix 2.4, is this image stable? any known issues?

thanks

Rob van der Does
22-06-12, 10:23
2.4 is very stable, no real issues: of course you'll flash 2.4 :thumbsup:

Larry-G
22-06-12, 10:24
you answered your own question. if FTA channels are fine and it's only affecting the premium channels then that is where the problem lies.

Maxwell
22-06-12, 10:26
You should check on what you are connected to for your channels as it sounds very much like you do not have an image issue. And yes you should upgrade to 2.4 as 2.3 is no longer supported or maintained

rafter_01
22-06-12, 10:45
oh cool, will flash with vix 2.4

Alec
26-06-12, 20:38
oh cool, will flash with vix 2.4

I have just flashed from 2.2 to 2.4. Having first made a backup on to my hard drive; when 2.4 had loaded it took settings from backup, which save a lot of work.

Maxwell
26-06-12, 20:41
I have just flashed from 2.2 to 2.4. Having first made a backup on to my hard drive; when 2.4 had loaded it took settings from backup, which save a lot of work.

Despite the instructions in download thread telling you specifically not to do that as it will cause you problems

Larry-G
26-06-12, 23:01

yes as maxwell points out there are specific warnings not to restore a settings backup from a earlier image to ViX 2.4, while it is possible to do so it will also cause you a lot of problems as so much has been changed from the earlier images.

Alec
29-06-12, 19:58
It is working ok, 4 days without any problems, also updated without problems. If it did cause any concern, I would just reflash and take the long way home. The proof is in the pudding.

Maxwell
29-06-12, 20:02
We will see ;)

Larry-G
29-06-12, 20:14
It is working ok, 4 days without any problems, also updated without problems. If it did cause any concern, I would just reflash and take the long way home. The proof is in the pudding.

fair enough but if you damage your receiver just for the sake of being lazy and not spending 10 minutes setting up and by ignoring the warnings we place there, dont come crying to us.

Rob van der Does
29-06-12, 21:18
fair enough but if you damage your receiver ......
How could that be the case than..... :confused:

Larry-G
29-06-12, 21:23
How could that be the case than..... :confused:

The point is We place these warnings there for a reason and if a user chooses to IGNORE advice or warnings given the responsibility for what comes next is their own. There were many cases of Solo's being destroyed when their users upgraded to 3.1.1 kernel images without first loading the necessary bootloader. my reply was not specifically about using a settings backup but more a reply to a user who blatantly disregarded the advice given.