PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose i'm undecided

clem58
22-06-12, 01:41
I have been at a vu+ unit lately, the option i have in mind is the VU+ULTIMO HD PVR Twin tuner DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Satellite receiver, priced at £449.00. Am i making a good choice can you advise me if there is a cheaper unit that does much the same thing as this item and is just as reliable. I'm have trouble making up my mind . I'm ready to take the plunge but need final advice to insure that i will be happy with my final option. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Rob van der Does
22-06-12, 05:42
Well, difficult giving any advice since we don't know what you want.
Apparently you're in for a twin-tuner; if so there's very much choice.

Sicilian
22-06-12, 10:12
Imo you wont go far wrong with either the VU+ Duo or the VU+ Ultimo, both are very support receivers. Go for the Ultimo if budget isn't an issue and you get higher spec, nice OLED display, option to fit 3rd tuner at a later date, more ram, better cpu etc..

Stanman
22-06-12, 11:26
If you need a triple and belive me if younrecord a lot you will . even a quad at times. if not than Duo is a good choice and very reliable and user freindly with a well know image on it

clem58
22-06-12, 14:43
I'm sorry, i didn't read this post back when i typed it. As with the VU+ULTIMO the other option i had in mind was the VU+DUO TWIN TUNER WITH 500 HDD £343.00. Price is a bit of an issue, the extra hundred could be spent when it gets here. I don't expect a unit that goes like lightning just so long as its not annoyingly slow. And no i'm not that big on the copying side of things as everything repeated that often. Rob van der does point out that he/she doesn't know what i want, so may i ask what is either of these 2 units capable of, are they internet ready for example. I just want to watch hd footy. Any extras would be great.Also when i come to the checkout i get the choice of extras, can you advise me what i should include on top of the cost of the unit. IE Firmware, what would you recommend, do i need tendra? my routre is beside my tv. How would networking plugs be an advantage. Sorry for the questions as you can see i'm green but hopefully after a few mths i will hav a good idea how these things work. And is the after care as good as i hear it is? I'm ready to go just need your help with my final decision. Thanks in advance for you help and support.:thumbsup:

Stanman
22-06-12, 15:07
It ounds to me as the DUO will be fine for your needs, you wil be able to watvh HD tv on both boxes and will not see any imrpovement between them in chanel zapping or associated speed.

As for the other extras you only need the tenda or homeplug if you box could not be connect to the router directly.

As for firmware, can only recommed the best imho and that is VIX

rossi2000
22-06-12, 15:29
the et9200 is another box to be looking at.
surprised none of you mentioned it.

clem58
22-06-12, 16:02
Yea extrend was another that was pointed out to me as well, but i keep comin back to these 2. If extrend isn't that much different then i can't be persuaded. The duo seems to be popular, then again maybe i'm biased. Anyway may as well go order duo through the week . Thanks folks no doubt i'll be screenin for help in a few days lol.