PDA

View Full Version : Verry NoisyFan..

jamie-warez
20-06-12, 19:25
Hi all

I have a verry noisy fan on one of my Ultimos.
Its ok sometimes but can get as if something is Touthing the fan but nothing is.

I am testing with fan control2 and if the fan is above 800rpm its verry verry loud...
Should i do an RMA on this box?

lsmirsat
21-06-12, 03:48
If your box is still under warranty then return it to the dealer. This is a problem with the fan. I had the same problem with my ultimo.

Sicilian
21-06-12, 05:13
Check the fan for dust and try loosening the the four screws and re-tightening them.

Rob van der Does
21-06-12, 06:24
There have been more reports about the Ultimo fan becoming noisy after a short period of use. Replacing the fan is the only option.

pooface
21-06-12, 13:56
Another option to try...

I had similar thing, where after a few minutes (10-20), it would go noisy. I went in to fan control, and turned spin to right down. Noise stopped, then about 10-20 mins later, started again. Went to fan control, put to max speed. Noise stopped, then 10-20 mins later started again... Continued in a loop. Then, I fully turned off the box for about 2 days, then turned on again, and touch wood, so far have not had any issues...

jamie-warez
21-06-12, 14:25
Yea same here if i slow the fan down using fancontrol2 it will be normal for s shart time
remember the ultimo uses PWM so if you slow it down fancontrol2 will take 10m or so to get it back up to its target speed....
i have loosend the scraws a little and its normal at moment... hope it stays that way:eek:...

lsmirsat
22-06-12, 00:13
For those who want to try and take the risk of breaking the fan, here is what solved my problem.
The fan is composed of two parts: The frame and the spinning blades.
For some reasons, at the factory, the blades have been pushed too far into the frame during the manufacturing process.
When the fan is spinning and heats up, the center of the spinning part toutches the frame, because of thermal expansion (or any other reason).
You can try to push the spinning part of the fan outward a little bit in order to increase the clearance.
You have to be very carefull because you can break the fan if you push too hard.
Good luck.