PDA

View Full Version : Update "No File"

kevbroughton
27-08-10, 00:24
hello,

i am trying to put on the new image onto the TM800 but each time the ip screen comes up and i press menu, it says "no file" on the usb

i have renamed to the correct name it should be but it will not not update.

anyone have any ideas?

grtmoby
27-08-10, 00:28
have u tried another usb stick, sometimes the sticks itself is the problem. it might have worked before doesn't mean it will work again.

first try to connect it to ur pc, format it as FAT32 move the file into it and try again

kevbroughton
27-08-10, 01:00
have u tried another usb stick, sometimes the sticks itself is the problem. it might have worked before doesn't mean it will work again.

first try to connect it to ur pc, format it as FAT32 move the file into it and try again

yes m8, tried 2 different usb devices and formatted both of them, does not seem to be happening for me.

does the new image have the audio fixed for english on forigen channels?

grtmoby
27-08-10, 02:33
which image u r trying to load and where did u get it, i mean isn't there any chance the downloaded file is corrupted.

did u use any download manager, if yes try to download it without using it

grtmoby
27-08-10, 02:47
make sure you are following this guide

Menu->Setup->Network->[Blue] button ("Update")

or

Download an image file (from here.)
Place the image file into the root folder of the USB mem. stick
Rename the image file to exactly this: TM800_update.bin (lettercase is important!!!)
Power off at the back.
Power-on and as soon as the front display says "Technomate", start pressing (press-release-press-release, etc.) the "Power/Standby" button on the front pannel,
untill you see "MinoRoot" in the front display - now stop pressing anything, and wait
untill you see something like "<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the front display, where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is usually 127.0.0.1, or whatever your receiver's current IP address is at the moment.
Now, press the "Menu" button on the fron pannel and observe the rapidly changing letters and numbers in the front display indicating the progress of the image load.

Ideally, at the end of the falsh, the box should restart and take you through the "1st time Wizard".
If not, try a later image.
If that still doesn't help, definitelly do a factory reset before you re-flash again.

thanks to fdlsys from his post here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1380-Downloading-TM800HD-Images