PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] timeshift usb vix 2.4

stevesom
18-06-12, 21:37
Hi i updated today with build 151, i have a 32gb usb which on 2.3 worked fine with timeshift since the update i cannot set timeshift to save on the usb i have initialized it and remounted it pressed menu on the timeshift directory and the only option i have to save is the hdd,picons and epg on the usb are all ok i have also set backups to be saved on the usb,but it will not change on timeshift any ideas?
thanks

Rob van der Does
18-06-12, 21:49
Is the stick formatted in Ext3/4? That is a requirement.

stevesom
18-06-12, 21:58
Yes it states type:ext4 r/w in mount manager same as the hard drive

Maxwell
18-06-12, 22:23
have you done a full power off reboot

stevesom
19-06-12, 10:26
yes after the update i turned it off at the rear to take the usb out. when i select location under bookmarks is /hdd/timeshift/ but no other options

stevesom
19-06-12, 16:33
Sorted now perhaps ive been a bit of a noob,but if anybody gets the same problem timeshift settings,timeshift location press ok,then press menu,select 1 switch to filelist,parent directory pick your usb then the folder you want to save the timeshift in, i picked timeshift as i had copied the folder out of my hdd using dcc to media usb. can i just say thanks for producing such a nice user friendly image and the epg is hell of a lot better i can see where i am navigating now.anybody know if this vix update included a fix for the usb to stay awake?
thanks.