PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox edit

buz
17-06-12, 11:36
Hi

I have vu duo with latest vix.

Recently changed computers and cant remember what settings should be on dreambox edit for transfering bouquets from pc to vu duo.

I can connect to box via dreambox control centre with login of root and password left blank and i know boxes ip address etc.

With DDE when you click to test ip connection it connects fine but when i click to test username/password it says it cant connect and hence when i load bouquet into DDE it will not connect to box to transfer.

Sure its something basic i have missed as never had problem in past but any help would be great

Thanks

basilyoung
17-06-12, 11:37
yes db edits default port is 80, change it to 21

Stanman
17-06-12, 11:46
Http port is 80, FTP is 21 and type passive - male sure you have selected E2 in the file path RHS.

buz
17-06-12, 11:57
I have http port set as 80 and ftp port as 21. I have new enigma 2 settings selected. Passive selected. Box ip address is correct. Username is root. password is vuduo ( thats the one i need to connect via DCC - have also tried leaving password blank ). Still no luck. Anymore ideas?

It says:

Connecting to 192.xxx.x.x
Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox.

Stanman
17-06-12, 11:59
Sounds to me your password is wrong. Change the password and try again with DBE

buz
17-06-12, 12:02
how do i change my password

Stanman
17-06-12, 12:03
how did you set the password as vuduo:confused::confused:

Brand new box? in which it should not have a password, so try with out one.

To change it you need to telnet into the box.

Larry-G
17-06-12, 12:04
you can either do it via a telnet session or download the setpasswd app from the feeds.

menu> plugins> green button> system settings ( not sure of the exact name ). once installed you can use this app to change the root password of the receiver.

basilyoung
17-06-12, 12:05
telnet the unit
login is root

password type this passwd ( not password )

you will be prompted to input your new password when you type the password no text will be seen )
hit return.
you will then be prompted to repeat password, hit return, and tat should be it

buz
17-06-12, 12:06
Hi

Had box a couple of years and cant remember how or when i set password. What are telent commands to change. And can I change it to be blank or will i need an actual password

Thanks

buz
17-06-12, 12:07
thanks basil typed my question before saw your reply

Stanman
17-06-12, 12:08
Always best to set an actual password.

buz
17-06-12, 12:19
Changed the password - still couldnt connect and now password (new or old) wont work with box via dreambox control centre either- aghhh

Stanman
17-06-12, 12:21
can you recount step by step how you did it - caps not on where they?

buz
17-06-12, 12:35
typed passwd - entered new password-enter - entered again-enter

put new password in dreambox edit - didnt connect

went back to dreambox control centre - put in new password - tried to connect and it comes up telenet login incorrect - tried with old password and it says boot manager: not found / telenet login incorrect

Larry-G
17-06-12, 12:37
try downloading the plugin from the feeds as i suggested and change it that way.

buz
17-06-12, 13:02
Thanks for help guys. All sorted now. Panic over

satmanbasil
17-06-12, 13:11
Hi mate

When you telent the receiver and changed the password did you bother to go back in again and test the password worked ?
Also i would double check within the dreambox edit that it saved your IP correct, are you using the latest version of dbedit if not suggest update and start again.

last thing you need to make sure in db edit is the destination of the settings folders are correct make sure your software settings are enigma 2 ver 4
satellite xml goes to /etc/tuxbox

services bouquets go to /etc/enigma2

Rob van der Does
17-06-12, 20:53
last thing you need to make sure in db edit is the destination of the settings folders are correct make sure your software settings are enigma 2 ver 4
satellite xml goes to /etc/tuxbox
services bouquets go to /etc/enigma2
Nope, wrong!
satellite.xml also goes to etc/enigma2
That's the location of the user-file; in etc/tuxbox is the system-file (that is being maintained by image updates).