PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Image and bootload failure on ET900

dkerai
16-06-12, 22:56
Hi
I tried uploading the latest version 2.4 of the image and bootloader as my unit was rebooting with a green screen. Loaded the image first but seemed to loading for over 20m mins. I interupted this and thought I should load the bootloader via USB first. The unit now does not respond to anything and it stuck on the visual display of ET9X00 on the front panel.
Is all lost .......
Any help would be appreciated.

basilyoung
17-06-12, 00:07
have you tried a full power down, ( unplug the unit ) leave it for 2 minutes, then put the new drivers on a usb, ( no other images on it ) the driver update will be quick, and on restart it may show nothing, ( its possible that the new drivers are already on the unit, as you have tried to load them already ) switch off the unit, and put the usb with the updated imsage, in the front slot, restart the unit, and hopefully you will be ok

dkerai
17-06-12, 11:58
HI
Tried that with the image files (Vix 2.4.96) but still no joy. Still just shows the ET9X00 on the front panel. I'm assuming these are the driver files that your referring to ?

basilyoung
17-06-12, 12:09
did you load the update files ??

if you have, did you power down the unit, then add the image file to the usb. ( and removed the driver files from the usb )

if so, the unit should read the usb stick, with words to this effect on the led screen of the unit

dkerai
17-06-12, 12:34
Hi
Getting confused on the files to upload and what are the driver files ?
I've download the bootloader and the image.
I've just added the created the folder et9x00 on my USB drive with the boot loader files. This seems to have changed the status on the display to booting. But this has been running for the last 15mins.

basilyoung
17-06-12, 12:37
Hi
Getting confused on the files to upload and what are the driver files ?
I've download the bootloader and the image.
I've just added the created the folder et9x00 on my USB drive with the boot loader files. This seems to have changed the status on the display to booting. But this has been running for the last 15mins.

yes...now power down, and replace the bootloader files with the image files within the et9x00 file, restart the unit, it should then read the usb file

dkerai
17-06-12, 12:40
even though the unit states booting .....

basilyoung
17-06-12, 13:02
well yes,...at present, there is no image to boot, just the boot loader present

dkerai
17-06-12, 13:11
status changed from 'flashing' to 'booting'. Should this step come to a natural halt and the system should restart automatically. Would you know how long this should take ?

basilyoung
17-06-12, 13:18
so you have now put the image files on the usb?? unit read the usb?? message should have shown rebooting, please remove usb stick?

if the usb stick is still attached, re start the unit with out the usb stick

unit should restart in approx 5 minutes at worst

dkerai
17-06-12, 15:09
Have managed to start and get to the configurations page. However, the status now appears to be booting.......on the display
When the USB was plugged in it, went thru the wizard of setting up the system. I don't know what the tuner configuartion are, so leaving this to the installer.
So I'm assuming once I get the Tuner configuartions the channels should load up ?
Also, I couldn't understand why the folder name in the USB needed to be et9x00 as appose to et9000 ?
But many thanks for supporting me.

basilyoung
17-06-12, 15:18
no problem, the tuner config is easy to set up, you also need a channel list, before you can watch any thing

what dish set up do you have, static, or motorized?

if static, what sat is it set up too??

dkerai
18-06-12, 09:08
This is the bit I'm a bit woollie on ... All I know is that its a static dish and can watch the the sky channels.
So haven't got a clue on how this is set up.
My main purpose I decided to go for a newer version of the software was that it couldn't find an IP address, when I changed this, it started to crash!. I couldn't see the box from any pc so couldn't do anything with it. So forced down a route of the upgrade... Didn't realise that there are lots of other elements to deal with!

basilyoung
18-06-12, 10:25
well we can help you get the unit back to a usable/watchable state, and also help you get any subscription cards working. but will not help on any card share issues

so to start with, go menu/setup/tuner config, both tuners need to be set to simple, single sat, 28 east, press ok to save the configeration for each tuner

exit out then go menu/plugins, press green button, and a list of options will appear ( you need to be network connected ) select "settings" and a list channel settings will appear
select "catseye" listings or any listing that is 28 degrees only press ok, you will be asked to confirm that you want the listing, selct yes

once completed, press the down button on the handset, the press the blue button, you should see uk listings, click on the "freesat" folder, and you will see various fta channels,
select one, press ok..and you should have piccies