PDA

View Full Version : Two VU Duo's in the same house - networked and sharing one drive -VIX

Del Boy
16-06-12, 22:55
I have duo downstairsand recently invested in another one for the master bedroom. The box downstairs has a 2TB hard drive so I've networked to this which was quite easy.

i thought Id be able to record two channels using the tuners upstairs over network to HDD downstairs and likewise two channels downstairs direct to the HDD but it doesnt seem to work like this.

It is possible to see all the recordings and add to the timers and auto timers, interestingly the timers wherever you add them seem to compile as one.. ie if you add a programme to record upstairs it adds it to the autotimers downstairs and uses the tuners downstairs to record it to the HDD

Could anyone shed some light on what is happening and options on configuration.

Im looking to scrap the local HDD in favour of NAS box. Idea being that both VU duos can record to a central location BUT will this be possible given the current outcome?

Hope ive explained this well enough.....

All help greatly appeciated. Rhere doesnt seem to be too much information on multiple boxes unless im not looking hard enough?

Cheers guys and girls

judge
16-06-12, 23:03
...interestingly the timers wherever you add them seem to compile as one.. ie if you add a programme to record upstairs it adds it to the autotimers downstairs and uses the tuners downstairs to record it to the HDD
Have you installed a remote timer plugin?
I have a similar set-up & never experience this issue.