PDA

View Full Version : Tenda 150M help setting second box

bmcdonagh
16-06-12, 11:34
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I managed to set up a Tenda W150 box after a bit of messing around and have it connected to my SKY HD+ box in the living room. I then got another one to connect to the box in the bedroom and have now had some issues.

It all appears to be set up ok at my PC and connects to the internet ok however, there appear to be two main issues;

1) the WPS light on the box is not lit and when i press the WPS button at the side, the light flashes for a while and then goes out again!
2) I cannot seem to configure the IP/Gateway addresses on the second box - my PC tells me i cannot have more that one Default Gateway ( i set a default gateway for the first box) so it appears that i am lacking knowledge on how to set up a second box!

This is really frustrating, especially when there is very little support on the internet for these boxes.

I would really appreciate some help here please!

Thanks,

Brian

Sicilian
16-06-12, 11:57
Follow the guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers and make sure when u get to the part where its set as an access point make sure its named different and using a different ssid to your existing Tenda.

bmcdonagh
04-07-12, 19:11
Hi,

I tried this and it now seems to work (I can access the Internet via his new network on my pc). Unfortunately, the box doesn't want to stay on WPS mode, the light flashes for around 15-20 seconds and hen goes out again.

Any ideas? Is the box faulty or am I missing something? I have tried resetting and factory reset but to no avail!

bmcdonagh
06-07-12, 20:00
Anyone.....please?

bmcdonagh
13-07-12, 22:35
Nobody interested in helping me out here?

Sicilian
14-07-12, 06:25
The Tenda is supposed to be set to Client+AP mode.

bmcdonagh
15-07-12, 21:30
Hi. Thanks for the reply. It is set to Client + AP. any ideas?