PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Plugins List

gedclarke
14-06-12, 15:37
Hello, does anyone know where I can find an explanation of what each plugin does, some are clear enough but others are not. I have searched the web but have trouble finding anything decent. It may be an idea to start a thread were members can help out and give ratings and compatibility issues etc. Thanks.

guff daddy
14-06-12, 21:58
If you want my advice avoid using any plugins- especially on the VIX image which should have everything you need for watching, recording and replaying satellite TV already integrated.

The more plugins you install the more memory/flash space you take up and the more system incompatibilities you have, leading to an unstable system.

If you want youtube/imdb/google maps/soccer results blah blah blah use a PC. If you want a stable system install VIX and leave it at that.

Maxwell
14-06-12, 22:04
its not just that plugins can be incompatable with the image, they can be incompatable with each other as well. Best thing to do is to make a full image backup before you install and have a play then if it goes tits up you can be back up and running within a few mins

Rob van der Does
15-06-12, 02:08
If you want my advice avoid using any plugins- especially on the VIX image which should have everything you need for watching, recording and replaying satellite TV already integrated.

The more plugins you install the more memory/flash space you take up and the more system incompatibilities you have, leading to an unstable system.

If you want youtube/imdb/google maps/soccer results blah blah blah use a PC. If you want a stable system install VIX and leave it at that.
LOL, I use quite a number of plugins on ViX.
Best way is to experiment yourself. And as said above: make a full image backup first, so you can be back on the original image in a few minutes.

As for your suggestion: by all means! Start a thread as you suggested.

One thing you'll never have to worry about is flash-usage: any modern box has plenty of that to store all kinds of plugins. But of course: it's the same as on every computer: all you install will use resources. So the box may become slower (or even not working at all due to incompatible plugins).