PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] will vix program fit on a dreambox

DixieRay
14-06-12, 14:50
hi, will a vix program fit a dreambox to use it for satellite channels i am not sure how to program it with filezilla for vix satellite use

pooface
14-06-12, 14:52
You must use the image created for certain boxes. e.g. duo image for vu+duo, ultimo image for ultimo, et9x00 for that box, etc etc. There are no ViX images for dreamboxes, so you will not be able to use ViX on a dreambox...

DixieRay
14-06-12, 14:55
You must use the image created for certain boxes. e.g. duo image for vu+duo, ultimo image for ultimo, et9x00 for that box, etc etc. There are no ViX images for dreamboxes, so you will not be able to use ViX on a dreambox...ok thanks for the quick reply not sure what to do with it as it makes a buzzing noise and no pictures, i think i need to program it so will look for another program it think it is 800 dreambox version its very small

pooface
14-06-12, 15:04
ok thanks for the quick reply not sure what to do with it as it makes a buzzing noise and no pictures, i think i need to program it so will look for another program it think it is 800 dreambox version its very small

Is it original, or a clone? You should be able to tell whether it's a dreambox or not by the remote it has, and by looking at it compared to pictures of same box on internet...

DixieRay
14-06-12, 15:04
You must use the image created for certain boxes. e.g. duo image for vu+duo, ultimo image for ultimo, et9x00 for that box, etc etc. There are no ViX images for dreamboxes, so you will not be able to use ViX on a dreambox...i found a program called dreambox uk that was uploaded to the internet but the link is broken would you be able to renew the dreambox uk program link

DixieRay
14-06-12, 15:07
Is it original, or a clone? You should be able to tell whether it's a dreambox or not by the remote it has, and by looking at it compared to pictures of same box on internet...its a real one not a chinois clone, its small and heavy with nice remote. it was used for some bookmakers racing pictures but nothing works on it now thats why I got it so cheap i just thought that i might be able to get it to work so possibly a new program will clear it and make it work again

pooface
14-06-12, 15:08
i found a program called dreambox uk that was uploaded to the internet but the link is broken would you be able to renew the dreambox uk program link

Was the program on this website? If so, can you post the website url to the program. DO NOT do this if the program was not found on this website though...

pooface
14-06-12, 15:11
its a real one not a chinois clone, its small and heavy with nice remote. it was used for some bookmakers racing pictures but nothing works on it now thats why I got it so cheap i just thought that i might be able to get it to work so possibly a new program will clear it and make it work again

Might well be the power adapter has gone on it?! iirc, they are 12v 2amp. Have a search around and see if you have any adapters that fit that spec (check first on the current psu). When mine died, I was able to use the old PSU from my old dm500, but I also tried an old netgear router's psu and that worked (altho I wouldn't recommend for long term use). If you ensure that amp & voltage match on psu's, then might be worth giving it a go. But, from what I remember, I too just had a blank screen with it starting up...

DixieRay
14-06-12, 15:12
Was the program on this website? If so, can you post the website url to the program. DO NOT do this if the program was not found on this website though...this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12679-DreamboxUK_v2-1_DM800) was the link to the program, it was in the section on this site is this ok to post sorry if not

waht happened to my link?

DixieRay
14-06-12, 15:15
Might well be the power adapter has gone on it?! iirc, they are 12v 2amp. Have a search around and see if you have any adapters that fit that spec (check first on the current psu). When mine died, I was able to use the old PSU from my old dm500, but I also tried an old netgear router's psu and that worked (altho I wouldn't recommend for long term use). If you ensure that amp & voltage match on psu's, then might be worth giving it a go. But, from what I remember, I too just had a blank screen with it starting up...i think the power up is ok it goes to a hyperspace screen but then stops on that screen from nabiisat i think it needs programming to get past that screen that is what i meant by no pictures ithink ineed a new program on it

pooface
14-06-12, 15:19
Just found a newer version (2.1.2), so downloading and uploading to the site for you ;)

pooface
14-06-12, 15:21
i think the power up is ok it goes to a hyperspace screen but then stops on that screen from nabiisat i think it needs programming to get past that screen that is what i meant by no pictures ithink ineed a new program on it

Just wanted to check that it wasn't a blank screen...

pooface
14-06-12, 15:43
Here you go:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12679-DreamboxUK_v2-1_DM800&p=138760&viewfull=1#post138760

DixieRay
14-06-12, 15:58
Here you go:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12679-DreamboxUK_v2-1_DM800&p=138760&viewfull=1#post138760

thankg got the file ok and will try to progrma the box with it. i might buy a new box if this one is no good but get one for the vix program person ig ot the dream box from had a vix box and they look good