PDA

View Full Version : Updating bouquets manually & renaming.. Help needed please

DeGea468
13-06-12, 15:48
Hi all

I want to know the best methods to update channels when they change frequency etc

I created my own bouquets so i'm new to keeping it up to date manually.

When i updated the channels details in dreamboxedit via the 'Copy Edit this service' it creates a new entry with the new details but when i add it to a bouquets and send it to the reciever the channel frequency info is back to the old one? :confused:

e.g

(22h11) Sky Digital: Crime & Investigation Network has left 12304.00MHz, pol.H (DVB-S SID:9348 PID:516/644 English)

I updated the channel above with the new info below minus 'PID:514/642' (not sure where that info goes i don't see where it goes in the channel details in dreamboxedit)

(22h11) Sky Digital: New frequency for Crime & Investigation Network: 11603.85MHz, pol.V (DVB-S SR:27500 FEC:2/3 SID:4802 PID:514/642 English- VideoGuard).

but once sent to reciever the channel info is back to the old details.

What i'm i doing wrong? why is the channel frequency info reverting back to the old one, once on the receiver?

What methods do people use to update channels?

Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
13-06-12, 16:14
did you click the reload button in DBE after the new settings were sent to the receiver ?

DeGea468
13-06-12, 16:17
Isn't the reload suppose to happen automatically after it is sent?

'Auto Reload Settings Enigma2' is ticked.

The Lambton Worm
13-06-12, 16:19
I don't have a clue whether this is the easiest way but maybe someone else can verify whether this would work or not.

When there's a change to a channel(s) would it not be easier to scan the satellite that channel is on and then import your bouquets onto your PC/Mac? I realise this could be a complete f*** on if you have a multiple sat setup.

Larry-G
13-06-12, 16:19
yes but it wont hurt any thing to press it again just to be sure. you could also restarting enigma see of that helps.

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 16:20
DBE writes into the receiver while Enigma2 is alive: that sometimes leads to this problem, as E2 has all the channels in life-memory (and overwrites the ones that have just been uploaded).
If you use DreamSet you would be better of: that editor has the option to stop E2 before writing the settings and to restart E2 afterwards.
Another option, when using DBE is to stop E2 before the upload (telnet 'init 4') and to restart E2 when done (telnet 'init 3').

DeGea468
13-06-12, 21:22
Thanks for the replies, I have got it all sorted now.

I don't have a clue whether this is the easiest way but maybe someone else can verify whether this would work or not.

When there's a change to a channel(s) would it not be easier to scan the satellite that channel is on and then import your bouquets onto your PC/Mac? I realise this could be a complete f*** on if you have a multiple sat setup.
I didn't do it exactly this way but i used your suggestion as a base. So thanks

yes but it wont hurt any thing to press it again just to be sure. you could also restarting enigma see of that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion however a restart of the enigma using both methods didn't work.

DBE writes into the receiver while Enigma2 is alive: that sometimes leads to this problem, as E2 has all the channels in life-memory (and overwrites the ones that have just been uploaded).
If you use DreamSet you would be better of: that editor has the option to stop E2 before writing the settings and to restart E2 afterwards.
Another option, when using DBE is to stop E2 before the upload (telnet 'init 4') and to restart E2 when done (telnet 'init 3').

Again thanks for the suggestion however this method didn't work for me either. It was still showing the old channel frequency

But for others in positions wondering how to update channels, This is what i did.

1) I scanned for the new channel on the receiver using manual scan..
2) On my PC i made copy of my current bouquets folder and renamed the copied folder to WIP..
- Now you should have 2 copies of your bouquets with the second one renamed -
3) Start two copies of DBE and open both copies of your bouquets in each..
- Now you should have 2 running DBE's with your current bouquets open in one and the renamed opened in the other.
4) Send the bouquets on your receiver so it overwrites the 'renamed' bouquets that is open..
5) on the right side you should see a bouquets called 'last scanned' click that..
6) Then double click the new channel so it is highlighted on the left where the list of channels are..
7) Right click the new channel and click copy..
8) Bring up the running copy of DBE where yourcurrent bouquets is open..
9) Right click on the channel list and click paste, This will add the new channel to the channel list..
10) Now drag and drop the new channel to the bouquets on the right where you want it. Remember to remove the old channel from the bouquets if it's replacing an old channel..

If there is more than one new channel on the same scanned frequency repeat from 6)
If there is a new channel on a different frequency repeat from 1)

This method works for me, I was able to update my channels.

judge
13-06-12, 21:38
Sounds like you are making things a bit too complicated, what box are you using?
If using a VU, I find that after transferring the bouquets (even with the reload option in DBE checked) the channel listings don't update using the Up/Down/EPG buttons UNLESS you hit the TV button first.
Using the TV button reloads the bouquets with your updated settings & never even a need for an enigma restart.

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 21:42
.... the channel listings don't update using the Up/Down/EPG buttons UNLESS you hit the TV button first.
It goes without saying that you have to select another bouquet first (if you didn't restart E2) to see the new settings. Just opening the list is not enough.

......Using the TV button reloads the bouquets with your updated settings & never even a need for an enigma restart.
LOL, you're not the first one I hear that saying. But wait and see: it will go wrong once :)

judge
13-06-12, 21:52
Rob, being updating my bouquets once or twice a month for just over 2 years so still a newbie... but hitting the TV button (using VIX) on the DUO & Solo has worked every time after a bouquet update. Never a need for an enigma restart.

DeGea468
14-06-12, 02:51
Sounds like you are making things a bit too complicated, what box are you using?
If using a VU, I find that after transferring the bouquets (even with the reload option in DBE checked) the channel listings don't update using the Up/Down/EPG buttons UNLESS you hit the TV button first.
Using the TV button reloads the bouquets with your updated settings & never even a need for an enigma restart.I'm using a Vu+ Uno.. I always hit the TV button 1st after sending a updated bouquets to the receiver and i have never had a problem before that i can remember, But as explained above when i manually updated a channel (which i haven't done before), the channel would still have the old frequency even after a auto reload via DBE and enigma2 stop/start via telnet and full restart via the menu it still didn't work.

It might look complicated due to there being so many steps but i wanted to be as clear as possible with what you have to do, the main thing is it works.. once you have done it a few times it's actually a quick process.

I'm sure others have there own way to update a channel/s that works which might be a lot less complicated, I did ask and so far no-one has posted to suggest ways to update channels.. so for anyone that is looking for a method that works there welcome to try what works for me.. plus i hate it when people have an issue and they fix it on there own and don't update the thread to say how they done it :mad: that is so annoying

Rob van der Does
14-06-12, 05:53
Never a need for an enigma restart.
Exactly. As I said

LOL, you're not the first one I hear that saying. But wait and see: it will go wrong once :p
And for exactly the reason I tried to explain.

And to OP: there's no need to go complicated as you do. If you do as I suggest (i.e. make sure E2 has stopped before uploading any settings) there's no way the old settings can survive!

DeGea468
14-06-12, 13:01
Exactly. As I said

And for exactly the reason I tried to explain.

And to OP: there's no need to go complicated as you do. If you do as I suggest (i.e. make sure E2 has stopped before uploading any settings) there's no way the old settings can survive!

I did that and it didn't work.. I stopped the Enigma2 with 'init 4'.. uploaded the updated settings.. then restarted with 'init 3'.. the channel/s i updated were still the old frequency. unless i did something wrong?

Rob van der Does
14-06-12, 13:50
I did that and it didn't work.. I stopped the Enigma2 with 'init 4'.. uploaded the updated settings.. then restarted with 'init 3'.. the channel/s i updated were still the old frequency. unless i did something wrong?
The only thing I can think of, is that you entered wrong values, and that 'backgroundscanning' corrected these.

DeGea468
14-06-12, 15:39
The only thing I can think of, is that you entered wrong values, and that 'backgroundscanning' corrected these.I checked the new channel details and it's the same as what i changed them to before plus i double/triple checked at the time to make sure i wasn't inputting a value wrong. I'm not sure why the channels didn't update that way which would have been the easiest way.

DeGea468
15-06-12, 01:38
Hello again,

In this bouquets by Mr. Mister he is able to rename a channel so it turns green without changing the name.. How does he do this?

If a channel has the name 12345 as it's 'Real name' in black.. He can rename it so it's still 12345 but green.

The reason i ask about this is because when the name is black (Real name) after a scan on the receiver the scanned names are used.. but if the name is green (Renamed service) the DBE name is used.

If the 'Real name' (black) is what i'd like it to be i.e Sky1 HD.. I can't rename it Sky1 HD so it turns green because it's already called the right name.

But Mr. Mister is able to do it so in DBE it is

'Renamed service' - Sky1 HD (Green)
'Real name' - Sky1 HD (Black)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4298/96786886.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/96786886.jpg/)

I have attached a screenshot.. As you can see the Sky1 HD channel (among others) are green meaning they have been renamed.. but when i bring up the details, the 'Real name' and 'Renamed service' name are both the same.. how does he do this?

Thanks in advance

Maxwell
15-06-12, 07:07
Have you allowed duplicate entries in DBE ? tools>options>advanced and tick the checkbox to allow duplicate entries - do this before loading your bouquets into dbe

Also have you had a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

DeGea468
15-06-12, 11:39
Have you allowed duplicate entries in DBE ? tools>options>advanced and tick the checkbox to allow duplicate entries - do this before loading your bouquets into dbe

Also have you had a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-wayThank you for your reply and yes i already have that ticked in the options, but i'm still not able to rename channels like above. I have had a look at that last night but it doesn't show how to rename channels the way Mr. Mister has.

Stanman
15-06-12, 13:50
Move the annel 13548 to your bouquet and than click rigth mouse click and rename . job done

DeGea468
15-06-12, 17:06
Move the annel 13548 to your bouquet and than click rigth mouse click and rename . job done I don't quite understand what you mean.. I had a look for what i thought you meant but didn't find it.. 'annel 13548' did you mean 'channel' if so i could't find it in the channel list.. Where do i look?