PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Sources] EPG source

lost_one
12-06-12, 20:47
Which is the better source to populate EPG for S*y UK, CrossEPG or Rytec?

Thanks.

basilyoung
12-06-12, 21:19
I prefer Rytec, I find its quicker to download

lost_one
12-06-12, 23:32
Thanks for your reply.

I've been using Rytec for about a week now, I think the program info/description is better. However, it's not populating all of the channels(Bio) for 7 days, only 5 days.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks.

basilyoung
12-06-12, 23:38
not tried to check out the 7 day options, will do so later, but in any event, the updates are daily, so if you want a series recording, just use "add auto timer"

Larry-G
12-06-12, 23:41
I prefer to use CrossEPG with the OpenTV sources as it's EPG data is grabbed directly from the satellite feed the same as sky uk ( the radio channel previously known as the hip hop channel ).

judge
13-06-12, 00:09
Some Rytec options do give more detailed EPG including Season Episode in program name, but as pheonix suggests, the most trouble free at the moment is CrossEPG by OpenTV.
Perfect SKY UK listings.

cosie
13-06-12, 04:35
Cross peg all the way for me to

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 09:56
I've been using Rytec for about a week now, I think the program info/description is better. However, it's not populating all of the channels(Bio) for 7 days, only 5 days.
Rytec is on this forum as well, and he is always very quick in adapting users wishes. So please ask him whatever you want.
The big advantage of Rytec is that the box doesn't have to tune to any station, so an import will always be possible whatever the box is doing.

Stanman
13-06-12, 20:13
+1 for CEPG, trouble free, set up and forget:)

Stanman
13-06-12, 20:13
+1 for CEPG, trouble free, set up and forget:):):)

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 20:17
+1 for CEPG, trouble free, set up and forget:)
LOL, the same applies to XMLTV :thumbsup:

Plus, as I mentioned before, the box is not hampered in it's normal usage.