PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] large screen size on lg 47lm620t VU+ DUO

denishanna
12-06-12, 01:31
Hi all my first post so please be easy

i have vix 2.4 Build 151 running on my vu+ and all has been great until i treated myself to a new lg 47lm620t last night and now the problems starts , i have a very big image on the tv almost like it zoomed right in cutting of most of the picture .

By reading other post people have fixed this by menu>setup>system >osd position setup but this does nothing to the image at all even if i set width and height+ width to
my av settings are
hdmi
1080i
multi
just scale
letterbox
yes

if i could draw a picture i would draw a rectangle with a smaller rectangle inside it
also when i plug my pc in the same hdmi i get a great picture

hope somebody can help

Rob van der Does
12-06-12, 05:42
1- Your TV is set to 'overscan', as is unfortunately still the case with most (or even all?) TV's. If you can't find in the manual how to de-activate that, you'd best ask the manufacturer (or the retailer) or search the internet for a solution. Anyway: find a way to get rid of overscan: it ruins the picture quality.
2- The OSD settings are meant for just that: OSD-control. The picture itself is not affected.

Maxwell
12-06-12, 09:34
On the LG's in Picture settings set it to Just Scale - you can also use the Ratio button on the remote and then cursor up/down to quick switch between modes - Also switch off that stupid intelligent sensor mode it will cause you endless problems (auto dimming etc) - Lg user manuals are notoriously crap :)

Rob van der Does
12-06-12, 11:53
And now you're on to it: switch of all the telly's picture enhancements. They are only ruining your picture.

denishanna
12-06-12, 16:55
Cheers looks like I have been wasting my time playing around with the VU box, I can wait to get and give your suggestions a blast. It's taken the fun out of getting the new telle

I will let you know how I get on, Thanks for your reply

Maxwell
12-06-12, 17:20
It's taken the fun out of getting the new telle

Well you did ask :roflmao:

denishanna
12-06-12, 23:29
Hi all sorted , i played around with the tv settings for wile and give up :confused:

then did menu>setup> factory reset and Bob's your uncle :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your help

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 07:28
then did menu>setup> factory reset
Was that on the telly or on the box?

denishanna
14-06-12, 17:54
It was an issue with the vu+ duo not my tv