PDA

View Full Version : installation problem

issepower
10-06-12, 13:41
How can I install for exemple rami maher 7 on my vu+ duo (BH 1.7.5) ? It coms with rar

Larry-G
10-06-12, 13:49
It's not compatible with the BH 1.7.5 image and i dont think he has made a version for that image yet. also to install these skins you open the archive and copy the USR folder to the same location on the receiver using FTP then reboot the receiver.

Big Al
24-06-12, 08:47
Last time I tried to install one of these skins it crashed my box and just kept crashing in a loop, I couldn't even get to reinstall one of my back ups, but I don't think I installed it the way you described mate im sure I put the usr folder in then tried selecting new skin from within the image itself, do you think that caused the crash , I love one of the skins but I'm very wary I ref lashed the box yesterday to the new vix image and dont want that happening again :)
Best regards
Al

Maxwell
24-06-12, 08:58
do a full image backup and once complete copy it to your USB stick so you can be back up and running in a couple of minutes if it goes tits up again. Then do what you like with the skins, just follow what Pheonix said

Larry-G
24-06-12, 09:14
even if you do end up in a bootloop by transferring one of these skins to your receiver you can easily recover by FTP'ing into the receiver and manually deleting the skin folder. when a receiver goes into a boot loop it is only Enigma that is crashing, you can still gain access via a telnet session or FTP.

Big Al
24-06-12, 09:33
I didnt know that mate, Thanks a lot, would have saved me a lot of time knowing that, and the receiver nearly went thru one of my windows :roflmao:

Big Al
24-06-12, 09:41
I think I can see where I went wrong mate, i replaced the Usr folder out of the skin archive,with the Usr folder on my image, BUT in the usr folder on the image, there are lots of other things in there like games softcams crossepg folders.
is there a specific place that the usr folder goes out of the new skin ?

Larry-G
24-06-12, 09:46
go into the USR folder and copy it's contents to the USR folder on the receiver then do a reboot. understand though that these skins were not written for the ViX image so while they may work they are not 100 % compatible.

Big Al
24-06-12, 09:54
Thnaks for that mate, ill leave it, dont want to risk losing the stability part of the new image.
Is there any nice images that we know are 100% stable with our image ?

Would those be the ones on the download server within the image
best regards
Al

Larry-G
24-06-12, 09:58
All the skins in the feeds under the ViX heading are 100 % ViX compatible note i said the ViX heading not the skins heading, the ones under the skins heading are trully awful in my opinion and a throw back to the DM series images.