PDA

View Full Version : Scart setup Help

garyblas
10-06-12, 11:47
Trying to setup my Vu Duo to send signal to other tv via VCR using rfout.

When i connect TV direct to TV Scart socket on box i get a green screen. Strange
If i connect TV direct to VCR Scart socket i get good picture.

so connect VCR scart on box to vcr then rf out should give signal out but it does not.

Why?

basilyoung
10-06-12, 11:58
so if you scart connect to the vcr, then on to the tv, there is,nt a problem??

ie, unit/vcr/tv is ok?

Rob van der Does
10-06-12, 12:01
VCR scart probably uses CVBS; that always works fine.
What is the scart set to (in A/V-settings)? If set to CVBS that should work fine as well. If set to RGB (as it should be for the best quality) does not give a good picture, this is either due to a wrong scart-cable, or to your TV not being compatible with RGB (unlikely but possible).

garyblas
10-06-12, 12:06
If i connect scart from vu to tv via scart vcr socket on box works okay.
TV scart on vu gives green output?
VCR scart on vu to TV all okay.

With scart from vcr scart on vu to VCR then trying to use RF out no picture?

VCR is fully working, works ok on SKy box.

Rob van der Does
10-06-12, 12:12
If i connect scart from vu to tv via scart vcr socket on box works okay.
TV scart on vu gives green output?
VCR scart on vu to TV all okay.
Clear, but please answer to

VCR scart probably uses CVBS; that always works fine.
What is the scart set to (in A/V-settings)? If set to CVBS that should work fine as well. If set to RGB (as it should be for the best quality) does not give a good picture, this is either due to a wrong scart-cable, or to your TV not being compatible with RGB (unlikely but possible).

With scart from vcr scart on vu to VCR then trying to use RF out no picture?
Scart has nothing to do with RF.

garyblas
10-06-12, 12:26
Netiher setting work from TV scart on box. Green picture.
I know Scart not control RF, but with scart from vu to VCR i should be able to view signal out via RF

Clear, but please answer to

Scart has nothing to do with RF.

garyblas
10-06-12, 13:23
OK found faulty Scart lead was giving green screen.. DOH!

Still cant get RF working though

wiz569
10-06-12, 13:41
OK found faulty Scart lead was giving green screen.. DOH!

I don't think scart to vcr will then allow you use the RF out socket,

As far as I can remember from years ago when I had a vcr ,rf out only works if you have an aerial or cable input first

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
10-06-12, 13:50
What RF do you mean? The DUO has no RF-output.

garyblas
10-06-12, 14:31
The RF from the vcr.. I was of the impression you could feed scart from box to vcr then rf out signal.

Is this not possible?

Rob van der Does
10-06-12, 14:56
A scart-connection never has a RF-feed.

garyblas
10-06-12, 15:07
Not directly but if you feed a scart signal into a RF modulator it will boost and resend the signal via RF.
I have read if i buy a RF modulator i can do this , but a VCR is basically a modulator and should work, but i cant get it going?

Rob van der Does
10-06-12, 15:25
Ahhh, than scart should be set to 'CVBS' (or use the yellow cinch-connector instead).

garyblas
10-06-12, 16:21
ive tried both CVBS and RGB neither work

Ahhh, than scart should be set to 'CVBS' (or use the yellow cinch-connector instead).

Maxwell
10-06-12, 19:03
does it work with your sly box ?
Havent used scart for years but from memory it requires a voltage between 5 and 12 volts on pin 8 to tell the vcr it has an input or you manually need to tell the vcr it has an external signal (should be input selectable on the remote). If you have more than one scart on the vcr make sure it is not connected to the one for the tv as they were often output only.

garyblas
11-06-12, 22:09
Sorted it guys thanks for all your help.

Long time since i played with VCR - forgot you have to set Channel output to AV # for it to work.

Not a very good signal out though , maybe a rf modulator would be better..

Rob van der Does
12-06-12, 06:26
Long time since i played with VCR - forgot you have to set Channel output to AV # for it to work.
Not a very good signal out though , maybe a rf modulator would be better..
An UHF-modulator also uses CVBS; this is simply the lowest digital video life-form. Only use it in case of emergency, on a very small screen.
Much better to use a (cheap, even the tuner may be faulty) E2-box to use LAN-streaming: HD quality on your second TV + freedom of channel-choice + playback of recordings!

pacha2
18-06-12, 22:53
I too have the UHF, analogue remote eye type setup and yes the picture quality is awful. So I'm open to better alternatives.

I understand how you can playback recordings, but how do you setup LAN steaming with another Enigma 2 device? Is there are plugin?

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
19-06-12, 05:35
......but how do you setup LAN steaming with another Enigma 2 device? Is there are plugin?
Do you mean you want to stream live-TV?
If so, use the plugin 'RemoteStreamConvert'. It's on the feeds and allows provides a very convenient way to copy bouquets from another box to the client box. Once done, you can zap (using those bouquets) as if you were using the built-in tuner of the client box.

Enjoy!

SalteeDog
20-06-12, 16:21
Do you mean you want to stream live-TV?
If so, use the plugin 'RemoteStreamConvert'. It's on the feeds and allows provides a very convenient way to copy bouquets from another box to the client box. Once done, you can zap (using those bouquets) as if you were using the built-in tuner of the client box.

Enjoy!

Any dependencies apart from the obvious that both boxes are on same n/w? Do both boxes need to be running VIX?

Larry-G
20-06-12, 16:24
Any dependencies apart from the obvious that both boxes are on same n/w? Do both boxes need to be running VIX?

No both boxes can be on totally different images if that's what you want.

Rob van der Does
20-06-12, 16:26
Not necessarily. The clientbox will have to be able to use URL-streaming (that is PLi-based images and possibly others as well), for the serverbox your choice is free (as far as I know).

SalteeDog
21-06-12, 23:43
Thanks. Server is Vu+ Duo running latest VIX but client is GigaBlue 800SE running Team Red Image. I don't believe the Team Red image is PLI based which would explain why I can't get remote streaming to work.

Rob van der Does
22-06-12, 05:46
Possibly. I have no idea if the 800SE under TRI supports URL-streaming.

SalteeDog
22-06-12, 17:14
Thanks. To avoid going OT on the original topic I'll move the discussion on the streaming question over to the Gigablue section.