PDA

View Full Version : Record Light?

garyblas
09-06-12, 11:37
How do i get the record light on the front display on my Vu Duo box to display when recording?

I am using Magic HD Night but im told this function is not in the skin.xml

basilyoung
09-06-12, 11:44
if you have permanent time shift running, this can stop the record light, if it the Magi HD night skin that is the problem ( I doubt it ) others might be able to assist hopefully

garyblas
09-06-12, 11:49
Delagroov told me info below, but i cannot find skin_display_no_picon.xml anywhere in my box..
even when not running PTS dont get reord light on.
It does show if i run Vix Night HD

VFD isn't defined in skin.xml

You need to look for skin_display_no_picon.xml in share/enigma2 for skinning VFD, which is used regardless which skin one uses.

Also in Vix night it uses the icon from /usr/share/enigma2/lcd/rec.png which is not red.

Code:
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="lcd/rec.png" position="180,0" size="32,12">
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide">Blink</convert>
</widget>

garyblas
11-06-12, 15:11
Any ideas.. Anyone

Sicilian
11-06-12, 17:23
Delagroov told me info below, but i cannot find skin_display_no_picon.xml anywhere in my box..
even when not running PTS dont get reord light on.
It does show if i run Vix Night HD

VFD isn't defined in skin.xml

You need to look for skin_display_no_picon.xml in share/enigma2 for skinning VFD, which is used regardless which skin one uses.

Also in Vix night it uses the icon from /usr/share/enigma2/lcd/rec.png which is not red.

Code:
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="lcd/rec.png" position="180,0" size="32,12">
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide">Blink</convert>
</widget>

Pretty sure that is for the Ultimo.

Delagroov
11-06-12, 19:00
You forgot the rest of the thread :D
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18610-Magic-HD-Skin-change&p=137802#post137802

I assuemd U used Ultimo

In vuduo there is no skin_display_no_picon.xml

I have nt got vuduo here so I can t see how vfd is defined.

As far as I know the icons in the DUO-VFD are controlled by the drivers.

anybody know? As Vix Night works i assume Andy knows, can Andy shed any light on the subject

garyblas
11-06-12, 22:06
whoever wrote the vix night skin must know how to turn on light as it works on that skin

Rob van der Does
12-06-12, 05:32
whoever wrote the vix night skin must know how to turn on light as it works on that skin
VDF-icons are controlled by the drivers, not by the skin.

garyblas
13-06-12, 15:20
Well if thats the case how come it works on vix night skin but not others?

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 15:57
Does here......

garyblas
13-06-12, 21:01
dont work on Magic HD night skin :confused:

Rob van der Does
13-06-12, 21:38
So you have the box running on ViX-Night, and the record-icon on the VFD shows. Than the only thing you do is to download another skin from the feeds, activate it via the menu and now the record-icon doesn't show anymore?

garyblas
13-06-12, 21:46
Correct :confused:

So you have the box running on ViX-Night, and the record-icon on the VFD shows. Than the only thing you do is to download another skin from the feeds, activate it via the menu and now the record-icon doesn't show anymore?

Rob van der Does
14-06-12, 06:18
Well, than I'm out of suggestions. Looks like you have a very special box than.

garyblas
14-06-12, 12:46
New development.. Found out if i press instant record (think its option 1) the rec light on the vfd comes on. But if i record via a timer the rec light does not come on.