PDA

View Full Version : eagle box hd 'bricked'

rhinoranger
08-06-12, 22:41
hello, i could not my eagle 800 box to connect with cccam tried it on test and and said success but still did not connect and i tried flashing with different firmware but ended with it being bricked, there is just a blue screen now no access to menu, is there any firmware i could flash it with through the rs232 port to bring it back to life,any help appreciated

basilyoung
08-06-12, 22:46
yes there is, but its on another forum

I used the jan 2012 patch, as the later one does not appear to work

what firmware did you use, ( the one that "bricked" the unit )

cga
09-06-12, 18:40
hello, i could not my eagle 800 box to connect with cccam tried it on test and and said success but still did not connect and i tried flashing with different firmware but ended with it being bricked, there is just a blue screen now no access to menu, is there any firmware i could flash it with through the rs232 port to bring it back to life,any help appreciated

No panic. I t happen to me lot of times ending up with a BLACK OR BLUE SCREEN
Just search for this tool below

Eaglebox HD Database reset tool

If your database get corrupted, resulting in a black screen and the inability to reflash by menu or by normal rom.bin - load this file.
It can not be used as a patch because it will clear everything from your database on every reboot.
Having loaded this rom.bin, flash a full patch as normal.

In another words

Load this rom in a USB, switch your box and boot up from USB stick, it will fix it, then just remove USB before you bootup and restart, then put the latest firmware back to your box, you are done :)

Hope it helps