PDA

View Full Version : Vu solo USB stick question.

Dell_XPS
08-06-12, 16:35
Setup a Solo for a m8 today, Vix 2.4 was pre-installed from WOS :-), everything went smooth until we tried to initialize the USB stick, it gets to 99% then fails, tried 4 other sticks all the same :-(, tried every stick in my Ultimo and they all initialized no problem, managed to get the epg and picons loaded onto it, wouldn't let me record to it though ?
Any suggestions ?, first time setting up a solo, easy enough apart from the USB bit :-(.
Cheers.

cactikid
08-06-12, 23:12
was going to ask the difference between usb stick and hdd
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1798-Setting-up-your-external-USB-HDD-with-your-Solo-the-easy-way!
not too sure if possible.

Larry-G
09-06-12, 06:21
I'm not too sure but i think the stick may need to be mounted as a HDD in the mount manager in order to be able to use it for recording purposes, also be aware that due to the relatively slow read / write speeds of USB flash media he may encounter stuttering or other problems when viewing recorded media.

Sicilian
09-06-12, 07:04
Please enable logs and post the log while trying to do this.

Dell_XPS
09-06-12, 11:27
Hi guys, I was doing this yesterday for a m8, eventually I managed to get the stick initialized via my Ultimo, however I'm more concerned that it kept failing at 99%, unable to mount I'm pretty sure was the error message, noticed the python directory was mentioned also along with a good few other error messages ?, will this be an image problem or a hardware fault, brand new Solo from the sponsor :-)
Also would I be right in saying If I created a movie folder in the usb/media folder then enabling the usb/media/movie folder in recording settings and enabling the usb/media in time shift settings it will be able to record ?, unable to get the logs for it as m8's away home with his new box, I did manage to get the epg and picons on the stick :-)
Oh and another thing, In cross epg I enabled to force epg on reboot, everytime I switched the Solo off I had to re download the epg ?
Thanks guys for any input :-)

Larry-G
09-06-12, 11:41
Hi guys, I was doing this yesterday for a m8, eventually I managed to get the stick initialized via my Ultimo, however I'm more concerned that it kept failing at 99%, unable to mount I'm pretty sure was the error message, noticed the python directory was mentioned also along with a good few other error messages ?, will this be an image problem or a hardware fault, brand new Solo from the sponsor :-)
I would not imagine it to be a hardware fault but did you try re-imaging the receiver to rule out the image ?.

Also would I be right in saying If I created a movie folder in the usb/media folder then enabling the usb/media/movie folder in recording settings and enabling the usb/media in time shift settings it will be able to record ?, unable to get the logs for it as m8's away home with his new box, I did manage to get the epg and picons on the stick :-)

you probably be best just going into the mount manager and physically changing the mount to HDD with the left and right buttons.

Dell_XPS
09-06-12, 11:51
Didn't try re flashing it, was Vix latest image flashed by the sponsor :-), I'll see how he gets on, I've suggested getting an external HD for it, see how it goes, cheers anyway peeps, appreciated.

Larry-G
09-06-12, 12:00
Didn't try re flashing it, was Vix latest image flashed by the sponsor :-), I'll see how he gets on, I've suggested getting an external HD for it, see how it goes, cheers anyway peeps, appreciated.

no worries bud, you know where we are if you need any further help.

Dell_XPS
13-06-12, 20:57
Re-flashed with 2.3 today, twice, no joy, re-flashed back with the very latest 2.4 build, all good, added 80GB hard drive initialized no probs, setup epg no probs, recorded to hard drive no probs, only prob was the MTV channels keep reverting back to the wrong audio channel, think I found a post on how to fix this, so touch wood all good :)