PDA

View Full Version : Little bored Rant

steve1978
25-08-10, 15:11
Hi.

I am bored in the office. just wanted to ask all a few questions.

I have had my VU for a good few months now and i love it! BUT.... i do have a few quirks

I have been using open PLI image from this forum. i have also tried the DE image.

i have seen the Oneforall EPG panal and am thinking of trying it on later. i am wondering if anyone installs any other usefull addons that they class as invaluble? I am also thinking of sampling a few other images.Gigant and AAF. anyone used these? what are they like in the media player sense? that is one major thing that i would like to see updated.

Sometimes i wish i knew how to program these things as i would spend weeks on them!

Stanman
25-08-10, 18:18
Autotimer and permanet time shift on a usb stick

steve1978
30-08-10, 18:16
What size stick do you need in order to use that? also is it available on blue button?

Stanman
30-08-10, 19:45
I use a play.com branded 16GB stick. If you mean is it avilable to download via blue button, than yes but through addons

pooface
30-08-10, 20:45
Some other plugins that I think are unvaluable:

cut-list-editor
movie-cut
movie-retitle
apache/php5
bitrate viewer

PAUL7331
30-08-10, 20:45
Autotimer and permanet time shift on a usb stick

What do these two plugins do mate?

pooface
30-08-10, 20:50
What do these two plugins do mate?

Autotimer is to try and work like series-link. Will search your epg cache depending on the specifications you set on it, and put a timer in if it finds it...

The permanent timeshift plugin will make the channel you are watching always be set as a timeshift, so that you can rewind live tv if you so wish (and pause, etc). It's advised to put on usb stick to save having to use hdd all the time you watch tv. You will need to put the usb stick in ext2/3 format, and I'd recommend to get a 32gb stick if you can afford it (will be planning on doing that myself when I can get one)...

guff daddy
31-08-10, 21:00
Some other plugins that I think are unvaluable:

cut-list-editor
movie-cut
movie-retitle
apache/php5
bitrate viewer

I can honestly say I don't use one of these!
My list would be
CrossEPG
Autotimer
MultiQuickButton 2.7 (for VU+)
Suomipoeka
Cool TV Guide
EPG Search

DrProzac
31-08-10, 21:46
I'm only using a 8GB USB, and the PTS seems to work fine on there for me.

Apart from that I don't have much on there really, just a swapfile, and lots of picons.
The other addon I quiet like is IMBD (in case I can't work out what a film is on a foreign EPG) don't always work as expected though.

pooface
31-08-10, 23:04
I can honestly say I don't use one of these!
My list would be
CrossEPG
Autotimer
MultiQuickButton 2.7 (for VU+)
Suomipoeka
Cool TV Guide
EPG Search

Missed out cross epg, but I think that the suomipoeka and cool tv guide can be put to rest once you've tried a new upcoming image ;)

guff daddy
01-09-10, 08:22
Missed out cross epg, but I think that the suomipoeka and cool tv guide can be put to rest once you've tried a new upcoming image ;)
Waiting patiently...

might be an idea to include CrossEPG - if you've seen his upcoming plans it'll import Rytec XML files as well...or at the very least include the image patch so we don't have to keep re-editing enigma2.sh

http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/downloads/detail?name=enigma2-crossepg_v2.patch&can=2&q=

Removed direct link - pooface

pooface
01-09-10, 18:34
Waiting patiently...

might be an idea to include CrossEPG - if you've seen his upcoming plans it'll import Rytec XML files as well...or at the very least include the image patch so we don't have to keep re-editing enigma2.sh

http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/downloads/detail?name=enigma2-crossepg_v2.patch&can=2&q=

Be patient ... all will become apparent :p Just tweaking to make it faster ;)

Plus, crossepg can be installed manually if you so need ;)

guff daddy
01-09-10, 23:02
Be patient ... all will become apparent :p Just tweaking to make it faster ;)

Plus, crossepg can be installed manually if you so need ;)

It can but (afaik) if the patch isn't there, then the enigma2.sh file needs to be edited to include a command so that the EPG can work. This enigma2.sh file appears to get overwritten quite a bit...

steve1978
03-09-10, 12:10
Well i have seen lots of addons mentioned but i have not seen any reasons, i was about to give cross epg a go but dont fancy all the mods that are required.

You should create a new blue button in your image which links to this forum.

The image you are releasing is it a open pli image? also does it have the new media player 2.2 i have been hearing about?

pooface
03-09-10, 15:38
Well i have seen lots of addons mentioned but i have not seen any reasons, i was about to give cross epg a go but dont fancy all the mods that are required.

You should create a new blue button in your image which links to this forum.

The image you are releasing is it a open pli image? also does it have the new media player 2.2 i have been hearing about?

What's this new mp 2.2 you been hearing about?!

Plus, be patient, not too much longer hopefully :)

steve1978
04-09-10, 21:47
before DE went dead i read a post that the new VU official image contains media player 2.2 this is supposed to be a substantial upgrade to the current offering which has been used by every image maker.

For the people who are reading this that are not aware. image makers simply tweak images. if things dont work like drivers and the media player then you need to contact VU directly they then fix the issue and the image makers incoporate this in to their images.

Dont take it as gosple but its worth looking at the original VU image latest release to see what media player it has before you release your first image.
also if you are lookin for any beta testers i wil run it through its paces for you.

grtmoby
04-09-10, 22:04
before DE went dead i read a post that the new VU official image contains media player 2.2 this is supposed to be a substantial upgrade to the current offering which has been used by every image maker.

For the people who are reading this that are not aware. image makers simply tweak images. if things dont work like drivers and the media player then you need to contact VU directly they then fix the issue and the image makers incoporate this in to their images.

Dont take it as gosple but its worth looking at the original VU image latest release to see what media player it has before you release your first image.
also if you are lookin for any beta testers i wil run it through its paces for you.

patience is a virtue steve ;)

thanks for your offering :smiley_yup: