PDA

View Full Version : TM800 Picon Infobar HDD Fix

simon4545
05-06-12, 14:59
Hi everyone,
After hours of playing around with my box I have managed to get the infobar to display picon's which I have in the internal hardrive. I have modified a file so the picon's can be read from /media/hdd here is the Zip file and full instructions are included.

Best Of Luck!!!

digidude
07-06-12, 23:57
keeping picons on the hdd, and having them in the infobar, can add a 'lag' when zapping channels, depending on the time it takes your hdd to 'spin up' of up to around 5 seconds. code is available, for keeping them on usb, with near instant access to the picon data for the infobar, and also allows use of the picons within coolepg

simon4545
08-06-12, 00:32
Hi digidude ive read you post's about the picon giving a delay if they are on the hard drive but I cannot tell much of a difference I had them on a sancruzer 8GB stick on the back of the box which worked fine until I reboot the box and found out my box had wiped the stick, and this is not the first time, I wanted to play a video from the stick before and it wiped everything, god knows why? I checked the sancruzer and found nothing wrong with it another bug in the tm800? best of luck simon!

judge
08-06-12, 00:35
are you sure it wiped it rather than just not seeing it on reboot?

simon4545
08-06-12, 00:52
Yes I'm sure, even my computer did not read it, I had a load of files on it gone thanks to the box the stick was formatted as fat32

judge
08-06-12, 01:01
I don't have a TM800, but any box deleting files without permission is a serious flaw.
What OS have you plugged the stick into?

simon4545
08-06-12, 01:09
OS on what pc or box?

koffi
10-01-13, 09:33
Hi everyone,
After hours of playing around with my box I have managed to get the infobar to display picon's which I have in the internal hardrive. I have modified a file so the picon's can be read from /media/hdd here is the Zip file and full instructions are included.

Best Of Luck!!!

Thanks for this. It does work you should play more with your box and come up with some more amazing things. Thumbs up.

belvoir
13-02-13, 19:22
thanks simon works great keep up the good work maybe one day we will get a good image for tm800 :amen::thumbsup: